Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone

4 days ago I needled two really small scars...one was more like a scarred pore, the other was a small round depression on my forehead. Both bleed and seabed. But with the small round depression I went crazy and needled it 6-7 times and I think I went too deep:(. It bleed a lot:(. The scabs fell last night. The scarred pore looks improved but maybe only 10%-20% maybe not at all. But the other scar looks A LOT worse :'(. I now have a hole instead of the round depression. I am so upset and depressed about this. I didn't think I could make things worse by needling.

Please don't go very aggressive with needling when you first start. See how your skin reacts.

Do you guys think its one of those “it will get worse before it gets better†kind of thing or did I totally mess up with my scar? I am planning to put copper peptide and retin-a to help it heal better.

I want my old scar back:'(.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

Don't use copper peptides and retin A at the same time; the retin A will inactivate the copper peptide. You can use copper peptides in AM and retin A in PM.

I think over time you'll notice improvement with Retin A alone.

No icing, heat on the scarred and needled areas as they may impede collagen reformation.

Sometimes an invasive style procedure unearths a more invasive type scar than you knew you really had; the scar's bulk is under a concealing 'covering or lip' of skin. That's what may be your case.

But with time, the scar will improve, particularly with Retin A. Are you averse to wearing mineral makeup? I STRONGLY suggest using Everyday Minerals. I do see a difference with my shallow scarring when I wear EDM makeup. And the change is permanent. Seriously. I can't believe it, but it's true. Wonderful.

Don't use copper peptides and retin A at the same time; the retin A will inactivate the copper peptide. You can use copper peptides in AM and retin A in PM.

No icing, heat on the scarred and needled areas as they may impede collagen reformation.

Sometimes an invasive style procedure unearths a more invasive type scar than you knew you really had; the scar's bulk is under a concealing 'covering or lip' of skin. That's what may be your case.

But with time, the scar will improve, particularly with Retin A. Are you averse to wearing mineral makeup? I STRONGLY suggest using Everyday Minerals. I do see a difference with my shallow scarring when I wear EDM makeup. And the change is permanent. Seriously. I can't believe it, but it's true. Wonderful.

thanks guys....it does look a little better now...hopefully it will improve even more with time...it should:D...thanks again...

I'm interested in this mineral make-up. I can only wear the absolute best make-up or my skin looks like shit. I get mine from Origins, I love their stuff. But what is this other stuff like? Does it go on smooth and light? Tell me about it please. Thank you!

I'm interested in this mineral make-up. I can only wear the absolute best make-up or my skin looks like shit. I get mine from Origins, I love their stuff. But what is this other stuff like? Does it go on smooth and light? Tell me about it please. Thank you!

Here's the link to their website. If you browse their site you'll see they charge only shipping for a sample kit. You can pick three different foundations to determine your best color match.

I use intensive so I don't know if it's only intensive that gives my skin the improvement or if the other formulations do, too. It's as if the mineral makeup gently exfoliates my skin and improves the texture. Some people use the silk dust at night as a treatment, too.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

Don't use copper peptides and retin A at the same time; the retin A will inactivate the copper peptide. You can use copper peptides in AM and retin A in PM...l.

Not that im using either copper peptides or retin-a atm... but i thought it was copper peptides and vitamin c syrum you couldn't use together and that CP's and retin-a was ok?

No, you don't mix everyday minerals with water. You apply as is. It gives coverage like a liquid foundation.