Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashleyms

Dan's cleanser making my face red/dry?

I've been using his cleanser for over a week now and on Tuesday night I started using the BP again only on my chin and forehead. But for some reason my cheeks are nonstop red and warm. And after washing my face, my cheeks and forehead are very very dry. Could it be the cleanser?

here's my regimen so far:

Morning

Dan's cleanser

2% BHA for some clogged pores

Complex 15 face cream

Night

DHC Cleansing oil to remove my stubborn makeup

Dan's cleanser

Dan's BP (pea-size)

Complex 15 but every 3 nights, Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion (used twice now and doesn't seem to moisturize that well, but made my cheeks glow a bit)

Oh, another thing, Friday night I went to bed and yesterday morning I woke up with a big painful cyst pimple on my chin. Seemed to get worse and swell throughout the day. Also I now have another pustule on my chin. This is normal now, right?

Well, it could be anything really. There may be something in the cleanser that doesn't agree with your skin, although it is on the same line as baby wash, very super gentle. But it may also be the SA you are using causing the irritation. You may need to eliminate one factor at a time and see if you improve.

Well, it could be anything really. There may be something in the cleanser that doesn't agree with your skin, although it is on the same line as baby wash, very super gentle. But it may also be the SA you are using causing the irritation. You may need to eliminate one factor at a time and see if you improve.

SA has never caused me a problem before :think: I've used it since last year with no problems. But my forehead actually doesn't seem that bad right now, I probably don't need the BP on it. It's mostly just my chin that has been having problems lately.