Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

How to do Acupunture at home

I've met 3 other people on this board who have agreed that acupunture cleared their acne and kept their skin perfect while they religiously did it at least once every 2-3 weeks.

Because the price of acupunture in some parts of the country is $250.00 per treatment, and about 13 treatments are required, this post is for those who are looking for last resorts and who dont have the funds to get such treatment (like myself).

-------------------------

1) Order acpunture needles with guide tubes on Froogle. These sell for abou $3.00 for 100 needles. The size of the needle is important: Width should be at least .22mm and lenth should be around 25mm. Needles should be individually wrapped in sterile packets.

2) When you receive them, record the date that you begin your first treatment.

3) Place the guide tube to the flap of triangular skin between your index finger and your thumb. Guide tube should be placed in the center of this triangular area.

4) Insert needle into guide tube. Needle's head should rest 1mm above the top of the guide tube. Gently tap the needle until it's head is even with guide tube.

5) Remove guide tube and do the same to the other hand. Do not remove needles for 20 minutes. Relax in chair.

6) When session is over, gently remove needles. Do not dispose of needles in trash. To dispose of needles, set aside an empty pop can with a lid so that neeldes wont be able to tear through garbage bag and fall out or cut someone.

Set aside a time each week for your session. Sunday evenings are generally the best.

If done properly, you will notice that your mood improves within 1 week of your first treatment. If you notice this change of mood, you'll know that its working. You will notice a difference in your acne around the 6th treatment. Continue until your skin is clear.

To maintain results of clear skin, you must do an acupunture session at least once every 2-3 weeks.

My cousin cleared his acne with acupunture. It was EXPENSIVE. But it went completely away. He did mention that his mood improved while on it.

He didnt take the chinese herbs they gave him. So it was purely acupunture.

Thank you for writing this, I think I might try it. But what do you mean when you say "Place the guide tube to the flap of triangular skin between your index finger and your thumb. Guide tube should be placed in the center of this triangular area."

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what area this is. I know its between the index finger and thumb, but I dont get the triangle shaped part. Is it important to put the needles in the exact place your talking about, or just anywhere between the thumb and index finger?

Here's a pic that should show you the area of the location I was referring to.

On your hand, the area should be 1/2 inch from all sides of that "triangular" area. Basically, generally in the center of the trinangular area.

Also, dont do anything silly.. like shove the needle through your hand, or try to acupunture your eye or face or chest area (near your heart). Also, dont acupunture a major artery. LOL. I dont want anyone getting hurt from this post :P.

post-39878-1194824603_thumb.jpg

post-39878-1194824603_thumb.jpg

Wow, this is really cool information, and I totally believe that acupuncture could help with acne, because it can help with so many other things! My mom got over Bells Palsy in "two weeks" with acupuncture! I think reflexology is similar, and one session of reflexology got me over asthma as a child. I have a friend whose family has received much help with acupuncture. I love the idea of doing it yourself at home - I'm going to look into this for sure. Thanks! :)

If I can find a picture of a foot, I'll upload a pic of where to put the needle on your foot.

I think starting out with your hand might be good for those who are needle-shy... and then after one is accustumed to that, they might not mind using 4 needles each time.

Okay, since I got it done, I have been wondering the same thing. I've been researching it for two years, and keeping up with all medical studies which have been conducted on it...because the medical community is interested in unwraveling this facinating "cure-all" as well.

They know for certain that when the body is pricked in this manner, the body releases copius amounts of opiates (pain numbers) and endorphins (the "feel-good" chemical released during intercourse, drug use, sugar consumption, kissing, alcohol...).

It took only a few pricks to permanently get my body so that I could not feel my menstrual cramps (which used to make me faint because of the pain). They told me my acne would be permanently gone as well. However, it seems that my acne is not cured by the opiates released by acupuncture, but the endorphins. And it appears that endorphins only 'last' in the body for up to 2-3 weeks.

It appears that the opiates stay in the body permanently OR the body permanently makes them.

The endorphins only stay in the body for 3 weeks...OR the body only continues making them for 3 weeks.

Since acupuncture is relatively new, science has only started researching it.

So if anyone has a better answer, I'm all ears :).