Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

What the hell ever happend to GROWING OUT of Acne?!?!

At one point in time, didnt people grow out of acne? Why does it seem that there are just as many adults than teenagers that are having skin problems?

i mean wtf am i going to be a 60 year old man still buying bp? I guess if i havent grown out of it by now im screwed :(.

yep im 28.. but my acne is gone, I started getting it at 17... I calmed down alot... but I still get break outs here and there... after your acne clears up... you will struggle with white heads.. and break outs anyhow.

Im thinking of going to the dermatologist after 5 years and telling him I want accutane now. But I dont know.

At one point in time, didnt people grow out of acne? Why does it seem that there are just as many adults than teenagers that are having skin problems?

i mean wtf am i going to be a 60 year old man still buying bp? I guess if i havent grown out of it by now im screwed :( .

My theory is that people these days are using too many chemicals and are thus postponing when they grow out of acne...

I don't think you'll get whiteheads if you grow out of acne, I think you might get an occasional bump, like one bump in like 3 months, due to some stress, I really do think after a point its psychological control, which can be practiced to be automatic.

But hey, thats just my opinion.

My theory is that people these days are using too many chemicals and are thus postponing when they grow out of acne...

I don't think you'll get whiteheads if you grow out of acne, I think you might get an occasional bump, like one bump in like 3 months, due to some stress, I really do think after a point its psychological control, which can be practiced to be automatic.

I agree. My dad puts too many chemicals on his face. He washes his face four times a day and he refused to listen to me. He thinks he knows everything when it comes to treating acne but really he knows jack shit about it. My mom outgrew acne when she was in her early thirties.

I agree. My dad puts too many chemicals on his face. He washes his face four times a day and he refused to listen to me. He thinks he knows everything when it comes to treating acne but really he knows jack shit about it. My mom outgrew acne when she was in her early thirties.

im very guilty of that...i always wash my face and i use a ton of bp on my face. Its just the paranoia of acne always trying to cause a breakout i guess.

im very guilty of that...i always wash my face and i use a ton of bp on my face. Its just the paranoia of acne always trying to cause a breakout i guess.

You know what, screw this....

I read this topic:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/A-new-lig...-us-t40303.html

Im going to ditch all these damn chemicals for a while.

I think we become so dependent on bp and all these other chemicals, that it our skin is not able to defend itself naturally.

Obviously we need to use these products as a teenager, because our hormones are out of control.

But i think as a grown ass man, all my hormones should be level.

Im going to give this a try for a week or so and see how it goes.

Let us know how it goes! I'm going on 30 myself and still breaking out. It's really something to be a grown adult and still be breaking out.... *sigh*

I dont use anything on my face... only water twice a day.... sometimes i just use dove soap with the moisterizer in it....

Im afraid my acne might come back so I dont use any chemicals.. but im probably paranoid.

I dont use anything on my face... only water twice a day.... sometimes i just use dove soap with the moisterizer in it....

Im afraid my acne might come back so I dont use any chemicals.. but im probably paranoid.

Guest AcneProne_1977

I often ask the same question... when am I going to outgrow acne!? I got sick of waiting and decided to try Accutane. I'm into my 3rd month and am hoping it's the answer!

I think ditching the chemicals and BP (as a test) is a great idea! Good luck with that!!

You can only know if you stop using all the chemical stuff thus also accutane :)

And i don't think a week will tell you if you outgrew it.

Perhaps 2-3 months will like a normal regimen.

I'll probably going to try it next month as well..

For now <3 DKR :P Still clearing up nicely

Obviously we need to use these products as a teenager, because our hormones are out of control.

But i think as a grown ass man, all my hormones should be level.

I KNOW!!! 27 years old and I still have teenage skin. I recognize that acne is genetic but no one in my family has it as bad as I do or for so long. LAME! It really does seem like people are having breakouts longer, doesn't it? Or perhaps the legend that people grow out of acne was started by someone who grew out of his. Jerk.

I don't know about growing out of acne. I seem to have grown into it since my problem started in my mid 20's. I'm hoping I grow out of it very soon!