Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Buying one year old cleanser

I'm using Nivea For Men double action face wash and all the ones I see are manufactured in Oct 2006, and I see no mention of an expiry date. Is this okay to use?

Yeah I know that but your analogy isnt right. I would pay to watch a year old movie in a cinema if its good. And milk obviously doesnt last a year, while cleansers do... I need to know the shelf life of the cleanser. If I'm not mistaken it's usually 2 years from the manufacture date?

It's fine. Don't listen to the others. Cleanser is cleanser, and for the most part doesn't have an expiration date, as long as its not like 3 years old.

I agree. If there is no expiry date, it is good. Shops that sell very few of a certain cleanser may still buy in bulk and therefore the things we buy could potentially be quite old if you think of it that way. Make sure you throw any leftover away after the specified time though, usually 6, 12, 18 or 24 months (once opened) as air can make them less good to use. There should be a picture of a jar with the number of months on the product (in the UK at least).