Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heavy_chopstick

Acne "down there?"

I think ive got what seems to be pimples on down near my genitals. Theyre never actually on the sack but around it, like the insides of my legs and stuff. Its like acne as in ive popped them before and its the same kind of stuff that comes out as other acne. I know its a bit rude but its really been on my mind, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about it, i.e, is it normal or should i go get it checked out?

thanks for helping

Do you shave/wax your legs? If so, they are most likely ingrown hairs. Esp if you shave your crotch.

That's normal! If you're prone to clogged pores on other parts of your body, you may have clogged pores in the genital region as well.

I myself exfoliate with a baby's hair brush all over my body (yep, thighs and inner thighs, too) and that has significantly reduced clogged pores over my entire body. Even ingrown hairs from waxing and epilating don't happen as often due to the exfoliation. Use a roughish washcloth on the actual genitals themselves with plenty of warm water and your gentle cleanser. That should help over time.

If one gets badly infected, please go to a physician. Treatment at home for a boil type lesion in that area is warm sitz baths, sometimes with added salt. Rinse completely off after the salt bath. Keep the area clean and dry. Please don't try to evacuate the puss yourself; leave that to a doctor. You can actually drive the infection in deeper by messing with it and cause swollen lymph nodes in adjacent areas. Ouch!!!

No Ive never shaved or waxed or anything like that in my life...

Yea I have had problems with clogged pores in other places, I used to have alot of acne on my back and chest, and sometimes ingrown hairs on my arms...

Thanks for the replies