Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iluvcott0ncandii♥

How do you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror?

Depends on the lighting. But mostly, nauseous.

The acne doesn't really bother me anymore, but the scarring does. To see chunks of flesh missing from my face is pretty depressing, especially when I'd have otherwise decent skin right now.

Kitty, how do YOU feel?

VNV, care to expand on that? What exactly are these imperfections that you speak of?

Angry and in self denial. Disgusted and puts me into a panic. I work in a location where both walls are mirrored.

Yup, same as a lot of you guys. Massively disappointed. Does anyone else wake up in the morning and the 1st thing you wonder is...any improvement....? I'll tell you what I hate even more though, looking at old pictures of my pre-acne skin.....how much I'd give for that back!!!!

Yup, same as a lot of you guys. Massively disappointed. Does anyone else wake up in the morning and the 1st thing you wonder is...any improvement....? I'll tell you what I hate even more though, looking at old pictures of my pre-acne skin.....how much I'd give for that back!!!!

I have OCD and at one point before meds I would look into the mirror over 1000 times a day. Currently I only use a tiny mirror to examine and treat my problem areas. Looking at my face as a whole makes me cringe.

I have OCD and at one point before meds I would look into the mirror over 1000 times a day. Currently I only use a tiny mirror to examine and treat my problem areas. Looking at my face as a whole makes me cringe.

I feel ugly even though I think I have a lot of potential to become good looking if I get rid of the acne :P

Although I think no one is truly ugly (or very few).

I think if you want to achieve beauty then you'll have to work for it.

Work out, get good skin, get a little tan, whiten your teeth and change your haircolor etc if needed.

It depends. If it's in crappy fluorescent lighting or I don't have makeup on I don't like what I see at all. Otherwise, I'm okay with it.

yeah it depends, at home i've resigned to accepting I can't do much about acne in 5 minutes and that it's a long process and i need to keep working at clear skin.

When I'm at my girlfriends or at classes i'm a bit more self conscious but when the teacher is talking i forget or when i kiss my girlfriend i forget about what i saw in the mirror and acne isn't a problem.

Looking in the mirror makes me feel upset and depressed. I try and avoid looking in mirrors the best that I can. I really hate changing room mirrors -they don't just show up all of my spots, redness and scars, but they show up how I've tried to plaster myself in make-up to try and hide the above, and where my make-up has gone all funny and patchy, etc, because of the state of my face. I am not sure whether this is how I look all of the time or whether it's just the lighting in changing rooms.

Snowflakes x