Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hvatum

Working for me...

I have been using a Beautyskin brand lamp for about a week now. Of course it's early and hard to say what the long term effects are, but I've not gotten any new surface activity effectively since I began. I wish I had heard of this years ago and avoided getting any of the major scaring I have on my cheeks... as soon as I read that study a few weeks ago I put in an order for one. With so many people reporting good results it was a no-brainer, given the total lack of side-effects (unlike Accutane, very effective, worse side effects).

Of course, it is a large investment. :think:

To start off I had what most here would consider relatively not bad acne, some scarring, and perhaps on average twenty zits. If this keeps up my red marks should be gone in a few months totally and I'll have nice and clear skin. :dance:

Now just to wait for some nice snowfall so the ski season can start! :xmas:

I have been using a Beautyskin brand lamp for about a week now. Of course it's early and hard to say what the long term effects are, but I've not gotten any new surface activity effectively since I began.

You're right, it's too early, and I warn you, you can expect a breakout or two in the next week or so; your expectations are much too high right now.

It takes at the very least one month to even see any effect, more typically 6 weeks, and some people see no effect at all till over 14 weeks, and then progressively clear and end up very clear indeed.

You get acne because your pores are full of crap (sebum + dead bacteria + skin cells). Using a lamp (mostly) stops the crap forming, but the pores take a long, long time to clear themselves out.