Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Almond milk

I live off of milk, but I decided I'd try an alternative just to see if it makes a difference in my skin.

So anyways, how would you describe the taste of almond milk. Is it similar to regular dairy milk?

Also, does anyone know if it's sold at regular grocery stores? Or would I have to go to whole foods?

Some regular stores here have rice and soy no problem, but almond, probably. It has a really nutty taste to it, but it's not bad. I find rice and oat milk to be the best. You can always make it your self. Just soak almonds in a bucket of water over night, wait 8 hours+, take em out, put them in a blender with fresh water, blend, strain through nutbag and you're good to go.

It does not really taste like regular milk. It looks pretty much the same, and the texture is pretty much the same, but it does not taste the same. I am pretty bad at describing tastes, it is not bad though.

Regular grocery stores do sometimes sell almond milk, but it depends on your grocery store. Whole foods almost definitely carries it. When I have bought almond milk, I got it at Whole Foods, I often times just shop there because it is 3 blocks from my apartment.

If you see it, you should try the vanilla, or chocolate flavored hemp milk. The Whole Foods in Milwaukee does not carry it, but the one in Madison does. So the one near you might not carry it. I have tried it and it is pretty good. It does not taste like milk, but it does taste pretty good.

There are other milk alternatives you can try, like soy milk and rice milk. Some soy milk does not taste bad, but all of the rice milk I have tried is pretty gross.

I just know all of this because I have been lactose intolerant for years. I don't necessarily avoid dairy for my skin.

I live off of milk, but I decided I'd try an alternative just to see if it makes a difference in my skin.

So anyways, how would you describe the taste of almond milk. Is it similar to regular dairy milk?

Also, does anyone know if it's sold at regular grocery stores? Or would I have to go to whole foods?

Almond milk is my favorite of all the milk substitutes. I only put it on cereal, so I don't know what it tastes like to just drink it on its own. I do like the flavor and consistency better than rice or oat milk.

Almond milk is my favorite of all the milk substitutes. I only put it on cereal, so I don't know what it tastes like to just drink it on its own. I do like the flavor and consistency better than rice or oat milk.

Thanks for your replies! I'll get some today and try it out. =]

I would make your own, like BlesstheFall suggested, as the almond milk sold in stores, even the unsweetened ones, have all kinds of additives, such as caarageenan - things you want to avoid. It's easy to make your own, and you can make up a bunch at once, freeze them in glass canning jars (found in grocery stores), and then just unthaw them as needed.

I don't drink the milk on it's own, so I really cant' say much about the flavor.

You can get the sweetened kind, and it still won't taste like cow's milk, but it tastes pretty good. It will go good with sugary cerials.

Almond milk is sooooooooooooooo good :):):)

Its kinda fattening... afterall, it is from nuts which have lots of fat...and almonds are naturally sweet.

I use almond milk when baking cookies/cakes. And rice milk for dishes which arent sweet.

I prefer Hemp Milk, but it might not be legal in your state. It's got a bunch of vitamins and omega fatty acids.

Soy is bad for you tough, don't get soy milk.

Lol i couldn't find almond milk anywhere at whole foods... unless I was looking in the wrong area. I was looking in the refrigerated section, do they sell it in a non refrigerated isle or something?

Lol i couldn't find almond milk anywhere at whole foods... unless I was looking in the wrong area. I was looking in the refrigerated section, do they sell it in a non refrigerated isle or something?