Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adidas

Hey whats up, have some acne pit (holes) questions

Hey everyone, just found this forum and looks like it has a helpful community. My problem is that I desperately want to get rid of the holes as well as black heads on my face. I don't have significantly big holes in my face but noticeable if you get relatively close to it. And for my black heads, well there mainly on my nose.

I don't have much knowledge on how to clear up the holes so what I've been using is a triple antibiotic ointment on my nose, and I used to put it on the holes on my cheek but stopped because I didn't see a change (but I still put in on my nose for some reason..lol). When I'm not trying to clear up the holes on my nose and face (with the antibiotic) I recently started using this Blackhead Eliminating Treatment Mask from Neutrogena. I dont know if its actually working, but I have noticed that my bigger blackheads become harder and sort of whiteish, as well sensitive to pressure (meaning that now there in that form, they come out so easily but leave a BIG hole where they came out, which has already happened). So this ends up creating even more holes in my already ugly nose. My nose is also somewhat oily, which probably contributes to the mess. And Im also using this Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment by Neutogena on my acne which I noticed has been working.

But besides that, I really would like for a whole bunch of opinions (hopefully something that does work) on how to permanently get rid of black heads and lighten or even get rid of the holes on my face as much as possible. I greatly appreciate it! :cool:

P.S. (Im 16, so surgery I dont think is an option for me yet) (Oh and my holes range from a few years to real recent)

Triple antibiotic ointment is VERY comedogenic (can lead to breakouts). Maybe you can go to your derm and get azelaic acid like I just started a couple of days ago.

Okay I just found some more information on line about Azelex (a type of azelaic acid cream) on line. Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid. It helps the skin to renew itself more quickly and therefore reduces pimple and blackhead formation. It also helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne and rosacea.

Azelaic acid topical is used to treat acne and rosacea.

Azelaic acid topical may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

I to have tons of blackheads. I have over a hundred of them on my nose and next to it.

Awesome thanks for the info. Yeah, blackheads these days... haha. Ill look up more into it and tell me how its working for you. Anyone else got some life saving info? :)