Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
navyguy19

Keith's Log - Praying This Works

Well let me give you a bit of background. My acne started up right when I had my growth sprut.. which was the summer between 10th and 11th grade. Ive been trying to get rid of it ever since. My self esteem has went to hell. I used to get told all the time how good looking I was.. now Ive got the face of a pepperoni pizza. I just took pictures of my face with my digital camera.. got me depressed staring at them.

Right now Im using tea tree oil which seemes to be working pretty well. But its like my face has become immune to it. Its that way with a lot of products. It works for a little bit then stops working so well. I havent ever really tried benzol peroxide because when I tried it last my face broke out more after uing it. This time Im am going to try it for a month no matter what happens.

Dan - if this program works, I'll be indebted to you forever. I've really got my hopes up. Im praying it works.

here is my current situation (photos) they areent pretty:

http://keith.dshwrd.com/images/011303all.jpg

heres just a plain old picture of me (acne doesnt show up too well in the pic because its kinda far away):

mee.jpg

hey keith!! welcome and i hope this regimen works for you... it has been good to me so far, i'm on day #18

Heya Keith

Good luck with the regimen, i hope it works for you. I also discovered this site very recently, about 10 days ago, and I've got to say that I've seen a significant improvement since starting. Looks like we're affected in similar areas...namely the cheeks.

I've seen my cheeks clear up dramatically since starting, probably because i've been following the regimen extremely closely in regards to that particular area. I think sometimes i rush putting it on other areas so still breaking out in a few other spots, but overall it's much better.

Anyway, good luck man, i know what you mean about the self esteem thing...i've been too embarrassed to go out with friends for the last couple of months.

Week 1

DAY 1 - Night Time

Ok, just put it on for first time. My cheeks tightened a lot after it dried up. I hope thats normal. They always feel tight after I use regular soap, but not this tight, maybe its just the way the dried paste feels.

This tube is so small! Good thing its only $5. I decided to skip the getting used to it phase.. I think if my cheeks start to peel and get red, I wont care, cant look any worse.

I stand corrected, Ive never auctually used benzoyl peroxide. Ive used face wash with it in it, but not a paste like this.

I'll update this post weekly with pictures every week.

I leave for Navy Basic Training Feb 10th, so hopefully I'll be cleared up a lot by then.

Crossing my fingers!

hi keith. your acne is not bad at all. i hope you stay with the regimen through your training because i've heard of alot of guys breaking out during training....all the stress and sweating. i'm sure you'll be fine though. good luck. :wink:

Week 1

Day 2

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

THIS STUFF IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasnt planning on taking pictures until the end of week 1, but geeze!!! Take a look at the before an afters, after the 1st night!!!!!

011403all.jpg

Im by no means clear - but geeeze I didnt expect this after the first night!

LOL that picture of me is literally 2 minutes after I woke up so.. I look a little freaky. Praise God this stuff is auctually working. I finally found somthing that works!!!!

Ok, Ive noticed that I dont have and pimples persay, nothing is bumpy - but I have a lot of redmarks where they used to be. Will the BP help heal those spots? How long will they take to go away?

Shaved my chin and rest of my face, I figure its better so I can clean my whole face.

Keith,

We are all going through the self-esteem bit. My skin has been a trial for months. My acne started when I was in early teens, now I am 23, and last summer found this website. Tried the Dan's Regimen and while it got rid of the whiteheads (which turned into red marks), brought on a couple of huge cystic pimples on my cheek. Have gone to 4 dermatologists over the past few years and nothing helped until I went to a naturopath last October. My oil has dried up and also the pimples. Now I have the red marks, which has been over a month, so I know the routine is working.

Also have prayed alot to the Lord Jesus Christ and I know He is the healer of all things. Now for Him to help me with the external (and internal) scarring!

Love, Karen aka Newcastlegirl

Well nothing really changed. Put on the 3rd treatment an hour or so ago. Thought I'd post another pic. I wont post anotherone until 01/21 - a week from now. It hasnt really had any side effects on me yet, and I hope it doesnt. There arent any bumpy areas on my cheecks anymore, just light red spots where the pimples used to be.

011403front.jpg

Is that white crusty stufff normal? Its kind of annoying - its the dried up BP.

keith,

lookin good!!! we're going through this regimen together it seems... posting pictures and all that. anyway, as far as the red spots, i'm getting that too, but it seems like they're slowly going away. and the white stuff shouldn't be that noticable if you keep smoothing it into your skin (gently) and put the moisturizer on after the BP dries.... even if you dont think you need it. my skin is fairly oily and i usually dont need moisturizer, but with the BP it made my skin a lot smoother.

hope that helps

Cool Abby, I hope yours is going well, I'll have to check out your post. Feels weird to come on this site and talk about acne. I never talked about it with anyone, and my friends sort of knew not to bring it up. I never even talked about it with my family. Even if my acne comes back, its been like a release valve coming on here and reading, and talking about it - thanks.

Week 1 Day 3

Well, no new acne to speak of... have all these light red/purpleish splotches where my acne used to be. I cut down on the amount of BP I was using (from 2 fingers to 1) Im not using as much because I just need to maintain what I have now, and hopefully these splotches will go away soon enough.

Using less bp will probably result in acne recurrence. Most people need to keep using a lot of bp to keep their skin clear. Just because you are clear does not mean it's time to slack on bp.

Ok, back to using two full fingers.

Week 1 day 3 Night

Ok, this is interesting... I put it on, and kept rubbing it in until it came pretty much clear. This time around I washed my face in cold water intead of warm. For some reason or another my face started to burn. It didnt hurt.. just unplesant. It hasnt happened before. My cheeks got a little red and the red spots where my acne had been, were prodominantly visible.

I hope thats normal.

Im just going to go back to the way I was doing it before. I didnt rub it in as much, and used warm water. That was working well.

Week 1

Day 4

Burning and redness after putting it on is continuing, it goes away after the BP has dried though. Skin is still clear of acne - except for the pesky reddish spots.

Hey,

You look good! One thing though, have you thought of moisterizing? You might want to consider it because if you dry put your skin too much then you produce more oil and you get mild acne from all the oil on your face. So I hope you are using a moisterizer! Also you are looking really nice, you are clearing up so well that it is unbelievable! Congrats and go get some dates! 8)

Ok, Im going to try the "tape method" I saw on another post - to try and get rid of these red spots faster. BP is stinging still.. :oops: I wonder why it didnt during day 1 and 2, maybe my face has become more sensitive. I love the results I have so far, and my confidence has gone way up... :D hopefully in a few months I'll be totally clear. Which is somthing I havent been in 5 years. :!::!::!:

You started way faster than I recommend, which accounts for your instant improvement, but it usually means you will experience dryness/redness/stinging. This often comes on in the third or fourth day of the regimen. Hopefully it won't get too bad. In a week or two it will subside.

Yeah - my face stings and gets red when I apply the BP but it subsides pretty quickly - about 5-10 minutes - nothing major. My face is more dry than it used to be - especially after washing it with soap and letting it dry. But nothing a little moisturizer cant cure.

Week 1 day 5?

Ive lost track of days, lets just say its day 5.

The tape method seemes to be working I suppose. Something has faded my red spots somewhat. This morning I woke up and it looked like I was almost completely clear.. you could barely see the red spots - but my face ALWAYS looks more clear in the morning for some reason. Just put on the BP so I wont be able to tell if my face has improved much from yesterday for a little bit.

Im still pimple and acne free and loving it! Cant believe it only took less than a week - Ive been trying to get rid of it for years... always refusing to use BP because I thought I was allergic to it! (the first time I used it I broke out more - blamed it on the BP wash) I dont think I had very serious acne.. from reading these boards. But I was constantly broken out on both my cheeks (the before picture is tamed down because I had started using tea tree oil which was working well). I guess thats why Im seeing really good improvements.

LOOK!! A NEW CURE FOR RED SPOTS!!

http://keith.dshwrd.com/redspots.jpg

Guest fatman_uk

In that yellowish light, ur RED marks will stand out more, i think prolly because in the RGB spectrum (red, green, blue), green + blue make yellow which is totally opposite to red. So it shows more, my guess anyhow, lol.

It's the same as when ur in a sunbed, against the blue light u can see yellow bits showin acne bacteria even if there's no visible surface spot.

-Gaz

Nothing to really report.

I started using aloe vera stuff for moisturizer - the main ingredient is Glycogen (spelling?) I think I read somewhere on this board that that helps reduce redspots.

One pimple popped up this morning, should be gone by tomorrow morning. It wasnt deep - matter of fact it was right on the surface, never had one like that... anyway - clearing up day by day.

Grrrrr....

Today I woke up with 3 pimples in my chin / lower lip area - tiny, but noticable. I think they should fade by tomorrow... crossing my fingers.

Face is extremely dry - its starting to get annoying. I put lotion on it and it dries up 20 mintues later - so I just let it stay dry. Evertime I move my face it feels like its streching. Oh well - my face is clearing up so I'll deal with it.

Sounds like the bp is finally biting back. This is a result of starting too fast. You'll have to handle the dryness for another week probably before it gets back to normal. During this time, your skin may be unnecessarily irritated, so some renewed breakouts are not surprising. Hopefully in a week or two you're skin will be clear and back to normal.

If you start using less bp, which would be the natural reaction, remember that when your skin gets back to normal, you will want to ramp the dosage back up. Generous amounts of bp are what makes the regimen work so well.

-Dan

Ok guys, day 9.

Face is still doing well - I will post some pictures tomorrow. I have to recharge my batteries for the digital camera.. That thing eats through batteries really fast.

I didnt put any BP on yesterday morning, and the dryness is going away. Its about half as bad as it was a few days ago. I'll probably be fine in a week.

There are 5 tiny pimples on my lower part of my face to the right of my chin. THey are disappearing now.. have become red spots - not quite healed yet though.

I bought the tinted version of the BP, so maybe that will help my skin tone.. Well I'll post pics tomorrow!

hey keith, i saw the tinted bp today when i was at eckerd's ..... i was gonna get it, but i decided not to. i'm curious to see how it goes :D let me know. i can't wait to see pics

Ok, well just put the tinted BP on... looks like Im wearing makeup, lol...

It might look better if I put moisturizer on, but I dont do that at night. I'll take pictures tomorrow.