Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slothien

How long does the "Initial Breakout period" last?

I just switched from ProActiv to acne.org's regimen like a week ago.

I had pretty good skin before I switched, but I always had one or two acne at any given time, so I decided to switch in hopes to get near-perfect skin.

So anyways, during my first week, my skin got to the "near-perfect" stage. Whether it was due to the instant switch to acne.org's regimen or not, I wouldn't know.

But now, I seem to be started to get more and more.

I read that when people just start the acne.org regimen, there's an "innitial breakout" period before your skin becomes clear, so I would assume that's what's happening right now, but how long is it suppose to last??

I'm worried that this "initial breakout" period will persist....

i would say its not a simple "initial breakout" that actually LASTS . its your skin condition thats gets worse.. which continues as significantly worse for about a month solid. then after that ... it will gradually get better over the next few months.. and then probably stay at a normal rate ... and then only after the last few months.. will u b seeing significant changes.. such as only fewer breakouts than u initially had.. or no breakouts at all.

This is coming from an Accutane user.. twice around

anhow.. Goodluck soon u wil b clear = )

i would say its not a simple "initial breakout" that actually LASTS . its your skin condition thats gets worse.. which continues as significantly worse for about a month solid. then after that ... it will gradually get better over the next few months.. and then probably stay at a normal rate ... and then only after the last few months.. will u b seeing significant changes.. such as only fewer breakouts than u initially had.. or no breakouts at all.

This is coming from an Accutane user.. twice around

anhow.. Goodluck soon u wil b clear = )

More and more breakouts are appearing. I have never had this many breakouts before when I was using proactiv.

Is it normal to get so many breakouts when you just switch to acne.org's regimen?

fuck this guys regiment.. i mean it could probably work.. but right now it looks liek us hould b on a good anti biotic.. if uve never done that.. i recommend minocycline. or dynacin. if u still dont get better with that.. talk to ure doc about accutane.. dont wait!!!! and in the meantime stop all irritating products ie: proactiv and such

also use cetaphil gentle cleanser along with benzaclin which u can ask your doc for a prescription of. this will dry out mos tof your spots over night. great thing to have a around.

DKR works fine here and I bet I'm not the only one :) Have you seen the thread of the girl that went from severe => mild? it did take her a lot of time but you have to be patient.

You might be allergic to BP?

I remember it took me atleast 1,5 month to see major changements :)

fuck this guys regiment.. i mean it could probably work.. but right now it looks liek us hould b on a good anti biotic.. if uve never done that.. i recommend minocycline. or dynacin. if u still dont get better with that.. talk to ure doc about accutane.. dont wait!!!! and in the meantime stop all irritating products ie: proactiv and such

also use cetaphil gentle cleanser along with benzaclin which u can ask your doc for a prescription of. this will dry out mos tof your spots over night. great thing to have a around.

Are you using the full amount of BP already?

Since you have a history of using BP, you may try amping up to a full finger faster than normally suggested. I did that when I stated DKR because I had used BP so much in the past that I was already somewhat adjusted to it, so I could handle using more sooner. However, my skin did go through a dry, red phase and I experienced breakouts the first 3 months, but my skin was not clear to begin with.

DKR & Proactiv have several similar elements (2.5% benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acid), but most find DKR gentler, more effective, and less expensive. I used Proactiv on & off for many years too, & even though DKR took longer to take effect, I have better & more consistent results with it. You use much more BP and can do so because you also use a moisturizer, a key step missing from Proactiv.

What products are you using?

Describe your routine in detail and we'll see if there's anything you can improve on.

Are you using the full amount of BP already?

Since you have a history of using BP, you may try amping up to a full finger faster than normally suggested. I did that when I stated DKR because I had used BP so much in the past that I was already somewhat adjusted to it, so I could handle using more sooner. However, my skin did go through a dry, red phase and I experienced breakouts the first 3 months, but my skin was not clear to begin with.