Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calla lily

Since I have acne, does that mean I have "dirty" blood?

If acne is caused internally then would one of the reasons be from toxins that are eliminated from the bloodstream into the skin because the liver can't clear it out from the system... or something like that?

Just wondering... I'm going to be donating a pint of blood this week, and I've been trying to make sure my blood's in tip-top shape (lol) and "clean it up" by eating more healthy, nutritious foods (even though I don't eat much of the "bad" foods normally). Does it even matter, or is blood just blood regardless of diet and stuff?

And this might sound silly, but what if someone who had clear skin suddenly got acne after they received my blood? Is that possible?

Blood is cleaned being injection (well, it's supposed to be, but there are always the odd cases where it isn't (AIDS)), and the receiver's body (liver) will purify it.

one of my uneducated theories are that blood transfers between individuals are creating new diseases / side-effects more than they're helping.

So i'm gonna say NO, don't donate... but then again I am very ignorant to this concept.

dont donate blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you might give everyone else acne.

I had a pregnant friend once who donated blood to another friend and her friend became pregnant. since that time, they've had to become more strict on blood donations and stuff

I had a pregnant friend once who donated blood to another friend and her friend became pregnant. since that time, they've had to become more strict on blood donations and stuff

How'd that happen?

lol

I can't even tell if she is joking.

If you have acne, it has nothing to do with impure blood. People who get your blood will not get acne, or pregnant.

Acne is due to genetics, some people have it and their parents and grandparents ect dont have it. This is because the "acne gene" can lay dormant for generations before becoming active.

It has nothing to do with the blood, and you definately cannot catch acne in any form.

Unless (this is a long shot) that the donated blood contains high ammount of steroids, and the reciever takes that blood and develops acne due to teh steroid content.

Also HIV is highly unlikely to be caught in donated blood in the UK/US (and any other well developed country) due to teh blood is heat treated before being transfused (HIV cannot withstand high temperatures, as it breaks down)

HIV is weird, its a deadly disease with no cure, but there is a high ammount of it in a carrier/sufferers saliva, but for some reason saliva inactivates HIV, rendering it harmless.

weird?

but how do you explain the pregnancy, huh? huh? :wacko:

Oh, and if you can get preggie from a blood transfusion, you prolly can get acne too.

Think about it! Use your brain.

Another one to look out for: The expression "there must be something in the water" is another method of becoming pregnant and something to be wary of. We can also add the expression, "There must have been something in the blood" too. :dance:

How'd that happen?

Can you say gullible? I can..

Are you trying to say I'm stupid or my question is stupid?

You can't get acne or pregnant from a blood transfusion.

When I had a blood transfusion, my skin did turn black for a while, and I couldn't stop listening to rap music. I also became incredibly good at basketball.

Ugh. You guys turned a completely serious thread into a joke and insulted me at the same time. I was under the impression that there were no dumb questions. Well, I'm glad it was amusing for some people because it wasn't for me. I was expecting better from people on this site, but some people just have to go and be so tactless. If I wanted to waste my time reading stupid jokes with even better punch lines I'd go to a site specifically made for that.

Thanks to people who actually gave real answers.

Consider this thread closed.

If acne is caused internally then would one of the reasons be from toxins that are eliminated from the bloodstream into the skin because the liver can't clear it out from the system... or something like that?

Just wondering... I'm going to be donating a pint of blood this week, and I've been trying to make sure my blood's in tip-top shape (lol) and "clean it up" by eating more healthy, nutritious foods (even though I don't eat much of the "bad" foods normally). Does it even matter, or is blood just blood regardless of diet and stuff?

And this might sound silly, but what if someone who had clear skin suddenly got acne after they received my blood? Is that possible?

Calla.... it wasnt a stupid question.... You are nervous about giving your blood and obviously you are a caring person :). You are just concerned and it's good to ask questions when you are concerned...

In real life when I tell people food can cause acne... sometimes they react like the people did in this thread.... they joke around like it's common knowledge that "food doesnt cause acne". I honestly think no question is a stupid question in this forum guys... think about all the weird stuff we have discovered about acne... back in the day people probably would have laughed their asses off if we told them to take a pill that has "good bacteria" in it because it will help their acne. Anyway.... my point is... Dont worry about it Calla... I think it's awesome you're donating... I wish I could but I dont weigh enough haha I think they would turn me away just by looking at me.

Ugh. You guys turned a completely serious thread into a joke and insulted me at the same time. I was under the impression that there were no dumb questions. Well, I'm glad it was amusing for some people because it wasn't for me. I was expecting better from people on this site, but some people just have to go and be so tactless. If I wanted to waste my time reading stupid jokes with even better punch lines I'd go to a site specifically made for that.

Thanks to people who actually gave real answers.

Consider this thread closed.

I'm truly sorry if it was me who set you off. I apologize for my post. I didn't think your question was dumb at all...it was all the dumb comical replies that were sorta funny. :(

I am serious here. It is not funny to get black skin after a blood transfusion. Most rap music is terrible. I was happy about my new basketball skills, but they went away after a few months.

Blood transfusion side effects are not funny.

There is a lot of interesting information on the Red Cross website about eligibility for blood donation. I'd recommend reading it. It's very interesting!

Blood is extensively tested for MANY viruses and bacteria but NOT treated in any way that I know of as that would destroy the blood. The only treatments are centrifuging, anticoagulants and refrigeration. Heat would kill the blood. Blood is a living tissue essentially.

You cannot get sick from donating blood if sterile procedure is followed. Do not give blood if you have flu-like symptoms within the last month or so.

Within 6 weeks, your body will have replaced the blood cells you donated. Within 24 hours your body's hydration status should be normal IF you drank extra water before and after the donation.

Just check out the Red Cross site, there's so much fascinating information there.

Don't worry about giving acne to someone. Acne's far more genetic, dietary and idiosyncratic than that. Your blood isn't going to give someone acne but it's extremely considerate of you to think of that; the thought never crossed my mind when I donated.

If you're taking an antibiotic for acne, you are safe to donate! If you are taking an antibiotic for an infection OTHER than acne, you are NOT to donate.

I do hope that helps. :)

How'd that happen?

Can you say gullible? I can..

I can say "sarcastic". Can you?

I do think people with acne have 'dirty' blood, because almost all ppl with acne have a liver that doesnt eliminate all the toxins out of the system, so the toxins end up in your blood.

Clean blood is a condition for luminous clear skin.

I went to see a Ayurveda lady two weeks ago and she told me that my blood circulation isnt 100% or something and that I have a sluggish liver. I have to take turmeric (blood purifying) and Kisol (various herbs for healthy skin) for that.

I also donate blood, acne is no problem for that, the liver of the receiver will clean it

Sorry I made you feel like you asked a dumb question. I have no idea why I started joking about pregnancy and blood donations. Sometimes it feels good to act stupid after thinking so seriously about a cure for acne for months and months. Sometimes I feel like I've researched sooooooooo long (8 hour a day for the most part) that I feel like swinging around this forum from chandelier to chandelier like a monkey and scratching my ampits... and being insanely stupid because my brain feels fried. :P

Did you ever see my post about 'rehousing the homeless worms after giving myself a parasite cleanse?' Its nice to break loose from seriousness from time to time :P.

I am serious here. It is not funny to get black skin after a blood transfusion. Most rap music is terrible. I was happy about my new basketball skills, but they went away after a few months.

Blood transfusion side effects are not funny.

Neither are you.

I think its possible, nobody can really know for sure what happens when blood is transfered. Everyones body is different, its possible that they might get diseases from others blood because their body is intolerant to the new blood in their system. I know people get infections from it sometimes so its definately possible.