Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saphire82

Artist brushes for makeup

So Ive looked at artist brushes before and something thought hmmm.....I wonder if these would be good for using them as a makeup brush. Anyone ever wondered the same? When I found this link, coming from a makeup artist, I definately decided to go and try them out. I havent purchased any of them yet but Im going out today to see if I can even find any. From what Enkore says they should be Loew-Cornell brushes which you can probably get at any craft/artist store. And when he compare the prices to MAC's brushes, its a ridiculous saving! Ill update as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Check out this link which will explain all about it,

http://pursebuzz.com/?p=443

Yes, art brushes are usually made of the same natural hair or synthetics used in makeup brushes (ie. sable or taklon). I'm not sure what the cost difference is, as art supplies are not always cheap either. There's usually good sales though.

I think the prices were $3 something to $10 something. I forgot to mention that you have to watch the video, it has more about pricing ranges in it. But I think the most expensive one was around $10 or so. So if they really are compairable to MAC, thats a really good steal. I suppose they dont put as high of a price on quality art brushes like they do quality makeup brushes since the demand definately wouldnt be as high.