Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

Shampoo for oily hair

Does anybody know of a good shampoo for very oily hair?

I'm trying to stay away from SLS and minimize SLES, but nothing I can find under those parameters cuts through the grease. I lather, rinse, and repeat daily, but my hair still has too thick of a grease coating even immediately after all that washing.

I don't condition or use any hair products currently, and I only started the excessive washing after my hair got progressively greasier, so it's not an overwashing issue.

(I seem to be a bit sensitive to SLES, hence the attempt at minimization.)

Try the shampoo in my signature. Its excellent! Ive been using it for a few months. It comes in a huge bottle, 33mL. I love the smell and it doesnt contail SLS. Im not sure about that other ingredient you listed though.

Sodium laureth sulfate = SLES. It's gentler, but still makes me itchy.

Edit: Disclaimer--If it works for you, keep using it! BioInfusion has SLS in it. :( Here are the ingredients I pulled up online: Water Aqua , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cocamide MEA , Hexylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Fragrance Parfum , Polyquaternium-7 , Glycol Distearate , Phenoxyethanol , Benzyl Alcohol , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , EDTA , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Propylene Glycol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Coumarin , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxycitronellal , Amyl Cinnamal , Polysorbate-20 , Geraniol , Lemongrass Extract , Algae , Algae Extract , Pollen Extract , Saponaria Officinalis Extract , Sage Leaf Extract , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil Wheat , Wheat Germ Protein

I have an oily scalp as well, it even picks up odors from whatever I'm around, like food, cigarette smoke, perfumes what's nauseating is if I walk by something foul, next thing I know my hair is smelling foul.. ewwww : (

Anyway, b/c of this I have to wash my hair daily; however I have found through research and trial n error, that if I wash, rinse then repeat, it eventually makes my scalp oilier, b/c its stripping the essential oils needed to make your hair healthy. I've found that conditioner applied only to the ends of my hair doesn't weigh down the roots making it look greasy, plus it helps with the dead ends. I found a shampoo that I really like, Golden Essence, it leaves my hair soft, silky, shiny and easy to comb thru. I only need to use a very small amount, even tho my hair is long. As far as the SLS (Sodium Laurel Sulfates) I'm not sure how much is in the shampoo, I do know it's mostly an organic shampoo. You could always email the owner of the company to ask.

The shampoo in my signature is the ONLY shampoo that will keep my hair clean. I have a lot of sensitivities, but it contains both Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. For whatever reason, I don't have a problem with either.

Edit: Disclaimer--If it works for you, keep using it! BioInfusion has SLS in it. :( Here are the ingredients I pulled up online: Water Aqua , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cocamide MEA , Hexylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Fragrance Parfum , Polyquaternium-7 , Glycol Distearate , Phenoxyethanol , Benzyl Alcohol , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , EDTA , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Propylene Glycol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Coumarin , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxycitronellal , Amyl Cinnamal , Polysorbate-20 , Geraniol , Lemongrass Extract , Algae , Algae Extract , Pollen Extract , Saponaria Officinalis Extract , Sage Leaf Extract , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil Wheat , Wheat Germ Protein

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...1357#ingredient

Thats the wrong shampoo. This is the right shampoo

I have super oily hair and I have to say ABBA's molassas and baking soda clarifier is the workhorse of all shampoos. Can be a bit drying so try it out in a small bottle first.

www.abbahaircare.com

:P

Wow, that's not confusing.

:P

Wow, that's not confusing.