Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sophie-louise

is minocyclin any good?! please help!

hey im 17 and have got mild/moderate acne ,mostly on my chin area and forehead. i've tried all the over the counter products and none of them seemed to work so i went to my GP and he prescribed me 100mg minocyclin a day,ive been taking it for about a week and a half now and dont really see any difference, i know i should be patient but my skin is really geting me down :cry: so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it is until i will see an improvement? i have also been thinking about asking about accutane but i done think my acne is bad enough for that , should i just try and stick this out? plus i have faint red marks that some zits have left, any tips for getting rid of these?

any comments and advice would be appreciated :D

thanks xx

Hi -

Minocycline worked wonders for me. I was on 100mg twice a day though for month one. I saw improvement within a week or two. So you should see results soon. For red marks, did you ask your Derm. about a topical? Something mild (since Minocycline can make your skin sun sensitive and topicals make drier and more sensitive to the sun). Retin A micro or Differin could be options? Non-prescription to keep pores clear, my pic is Paula's Choice BHA lotion or gel. I have the 1% lotion.

Good luck and take care.

Yvette