Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TwistAndShOut

If You don't eat that much, does it make your acne worse?

Lately, I haven't felt like eating too much. I skip breakfast, lunch, then come home from school and have a few oranges or an apple, then I have my dinner, which is usually pasta or quiche or somethin.

And i was just wondering, if you dont eat too much, is it bad for your skin? Because you aren't getting enough nutrients and stuff?

I'm on Accutane.

Thankees ;)

Lately, I haven't felt like eating too much. I skip breakfast, lunch, then come home from school and have a few oranges or an apple, then I have my dinner, which is usually pasta or quiche or somethin.

And i was just wondering, if you dont eat too much, is it bad for your skin? Because you aren't getting enough nutrients and stuff?

I'm on Accutane.

Thankees ;)

Above that, there has been no conclusive study that shows what you eat causes acne. Two people can have the exact same diet and one may have acne while the other doesn't.

I'm on Accutane.

Thankees ;)

Well, if you don't eat much it is bad for your health in general. It is not directly linked to acne. Above that, there has been no conclusive study that shows what you eat causes acne. Two people can have the exact same diet and one may have acne while the other doesn't.

Often times, people want you to tell them that what they eat is bad for their acne, and they end up repeating that misinformation across the forum to everyone who asks the same question. Don't fall for that one. It is very misleading. Why don't you find out how diet affects acne on the net. Most reputable sources can be cited has unlinking diet from acne.

However, If you don't drink much water, that has a bad effect on your skin in general like dehydration etc. when i say bad effect, it is very very marginal.

Am I the only one worried that you are on Accutane and don't feal like eating? Loss of appettite is often associated with depression. If you are fealing down lately you should speak to your doctor about your change in mood as this could be a very big concern for someone of Accutane.

I hope all is well and you feal better. Furthermore, especially on such a strong drug as Accutante you should be eating healthily to be sure you have your strength and proper nutrition. Skipping breakfast and lunch is very unhealthy as your body has no nutrients or fuel in it until you are out of school.

I hope you get out of this slump and consult your physician if it continues. Please keep me posted on your update and good luck.

FYI: just to add, I know it's a controversy over the whole depression and Accutane thing, but still its prevalent. See below as I'm really worried about you.

FDA officials have advised that dermatologists and others prescribing Accutane to “inform patients prescribed isotretinoin (and parents, if appropriate) of the possibility of development or worsening of depression. They should advise patients (and parents) to immediately report mood swings and symptoms suggestive of depression (such as sadness, crying, loss of appetite, unusual fatigue, withdrawal, and inability to concentrate), so that patients can be promptly evaluated for appropriate treatment, including consideration of drug discontinuation and referral for psychiatric care.â€

Aw, thanks Sepotupus, that's really nice of you. :surprised: Someone cares!

And thanks for the other posts. Im still not eating that much now. So, it basically will not make that much difference to my acne, then? As long as I drinks loads of water? Thank you!

Not eating enough will definitely affect your skin. You should do your best to eat a little more than you need, and try to get all of your necessary nutrients through food. The reason I say a little more than you need is because it sounds like you have not been getting enough for a while, and you can rebuild your body's supply of nutrients faster if you eat a little more than you need.

I think that you should consider why you are not eating very much. Is the Accutane depressing you?