Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christylmlw

Girls/Women with cystic acne who use foundation

Hi everyone :)

I'm thinking of buying foundation for the winter. Up until now, I had avoided it like the plague because I didn't want it to clog my pores. My skin is getting better but it's still a little "splotchy."

Just wondering if anyone with cystic acne uses a foundation that doesn't clog pores, cause breakouts, or dry the face. What brand? What about Mineral Make-up?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm thinking of buying foundation for the winter. Up until now, I had avoided it like the plague because I didn't want it to clog my pores. My skin is getting better but it's still a little "splotchy."

Just wondering if anyone with cystic acne uses a foundation that doesn't clog pores, cause breakouts, or dry the face. What brand? What about Mineral Make-up?

Anyone?

i use to have cystic acne..and then and now i still use clinique foundation...they are super gentle...good luck with the BE...idk but i have heard that that specific MMU has been said to cause cystic acne...i hope not in your case...

Hey - I've had cystic acne pretty consistently over 14 years, from mild to moderate.... I've used so many types of concealers and foundations to cover it up.....and from all of this "research", I've found that Clinique has a great foundation called Clarifying Makeup, Clear Skin Formula..... it's a great makeup - covers up well, has salicylic acid in it to help work on acne while you wear it, helps with oil control.... I really like it.

Plus, I use Bare Minerals too... on days when I don't need a lot of coverage, it's a great option. I use it on days I don't work and am running errands, but want to still look "fresh"! :)

Good luck - let us know what you decide! Patti

I used EM for awhile with no problems, but my skin is too dry for it now. Currently I'm using Clinique almost makeup (tinted moisturizer) and I'm going to try clinique supermoisture.

i've used bare minerals for nearly a year, but i dont like how it makes me look "dewy".

i just ordered everyday minerals... we'll see how it goes!

Anyone?