Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
woahwoahwoah

Recurrent spots URGENT HELP NEEDED!! w pics

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/transplants125/oh.jpg

ive got these recurrent spots tht keep appearing on my cheeks, they are very red and bumpy and never seem to go, or just when they are fading another one appears in the same place, this has been happening for quite a few months now. AND THEY NEVER GO!!

ive been to a dcotor several times and all they prescribe is bp, which ive stopped using as this jus irritates my skin. i also was on erythomycin which did nothing.

at the moment im just using clearasil ultra deep pore cleansing face wash. ive also dabbled with tea tree oil which seems to work a little but still dosent stop them appearing. my skin is quite combination, quite oily. ive basically got red marks all over with active acne popping up here and there.

im consideing seeing the doctor again and ask him if i can see a derm. but theres no way in hell im going on accutane.

does anyone have any simple methods for the time being to stop these red things appearing. plus can you give me any indication as to what type of spots they are?

ive learned over time the reason for these reoccuring spots is beacuse of irritation...maybe your putting to many products on it or using to hot of water or something in your regimine is irritating your skin but for me that was the problem

reocurring spots may be because when you get a larger papule or cyst, and it subdues away, the core of it still might be inside your skin. Maybe you could get it profesionally extracted. I also had the same problem awhile ago but I ignored it and kept my regimen and they went away

Looks like inflamed acne to me - based on what I can see in your picture it is probably a combo of papules, pustules and cysts. The minimal regimen you are on will likely not keep this kind of acne under control. You may want to see a dermatologist at this point. There are other antibiotics that are more effective than erythromycin and other topicals that may be effective as well (retinoids, topical antibiotics that are combined with BP). I know you said that BP irritated your skin, but for most people it is one of the most effective medications to treat inflamed acne. Perhaps you just need to do something to get your skin adjusted to the medication. One thing you can do is start by leaving it on for short periods of time (15-30 min) and then washing it off. Then if you slowly work up to leaving it on overnight, you should get far less irritation and dryness.

Looks like inflamed acne to me - based on what I can see in your picture it is probably a combo of papules, pustules and cysts. The minimal regimen you are on will likely not keep this kind of acne under control. You may want to see a dermatologist at this point. There are other antibiotics that are more effective than erythromycin and other topicals that may be effective as well (retinoids, topical antibiotics that are combined with BP). I know you said that BP irritated your skin, but for most people it is one of the most effective medications to treat inflamed acne. Perhaps you just need to do something to get your skin adjusted to the medication. One thing you can do is start by leaving it on for short periods of time (15-30 min) and then washing it off. Then if you slowly work up to leaving it on overnight, you should get far less irritation and dryness.

yeah but i didnt even have that severe acne, then after doing this with benzoyl peroxide (even for short periods to begin with) i noticed it got worse and worse, so i dont even go there. ive tried cutting out all products for awhile then i eventually decided i should use some form of cleanser as my skin was getting far too oily and i was getting blackheads where ive never had them, it wasnt getting cleaned with just water. i think my best option is to try and get prescirbed a stronger anti biotic. anything and everything seems to irritate my skin :(

yeah but i didnt even have that severe acne, then after doing this with benzoyl peroxide (even for short periods to begin with) i noticed it got worse and worse, so i dont even go there. ive tried cutting out all products for awhile then i eventually decided i should use some form of cleanser as my skin was getting far too oily and i was getting blackheads where ive never had them, it wasnt getting cleaned with just water. i think my best option is to try and get prescirbed a stronger anti biotic. anything and everything seems to irritate my skin :(

An antibiotic may very well help - but realize that it is generally only a temporary fix (unless you are lucky enough to outgrow your acne during the time you are on the antibiotic). You might also want to ask for a topical retinoid or possibly something with azelaic acid. Azelaic might be a good option for you - it is a lot less drying and irritating than BP is, but it also works to kill acne bacteria. It is also anti-inflammatory, reduces redness and helps to prevent clogged pores. I use Finacea (which has azelaic), and like it a lot. It is a prescription medication in the US, but is an over the counter product in some other countries.