Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I keep coming back to this forum, because for some reason, my chin keeps breaking out! The pimples on my chin go away, but they persistantly keep coming back. For instance, in September, I got a facial w/ extractions, and the esthetician extracted tons of pimples on my jawline area, and about two weeks later, I was pretty clear. I could literally run my hand along my chin and it was smooth, but there were still some red marks. However, a month later, I started breaking out again. I decided to get another facial with extractions again, and this time my chin area did not seem to heal as quick. In fact, the pimples went down because of extractions, but a week later, my jawline just insanely broke out. There's seriously a new pimple forming everyday, and I have come to the conclusion that it may be my hormones.

My regime:

-wash with clean and clear oxygenization cleanser (it's gentle, and for sensative skin)

-moistorize with dan's moistorizer

-apply tazorac every other day; .1 cream.

I really cannot think of any reasons as to why I'm breaking out on my chin. My regime is pretty light, I've been eating consistantly, and I don't think it can be from my pillow either. Someone also suggested that it might be from shaving, but I don't even shave on my bottom jawline area. It's frustrating right now, because my skin absolutely looks like crap. =/

Do any guys here take hormone pills for acne? How do they know if your hormones are messed up? Blood check? I really think that my hormones are out of wack, and thus causing my random breakouts. I also considered accutane, but considering the price of accutane, and the fact that I work out, I don't think I could take it.

My skin in the beginning of Sept:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/sliqx88/IMG_7441.jpg

Right now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/sliqx88/IMG_7740.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/sliqx88/IMG_7745.jpg

sooooo many typos man!!! (just playin'!)

Just wash it with the stuff you're washing and apply some medication. I just think that part of your skin is more oily and has more skin cells. Or it could be some infection deep within the pores of your skin. Just keeping using BP and you'll be fine (I hope).

My breakout is occuring on both sides of my jawline, it's worse on my right side though. I don't really drink milk at all, and I also don't really eat greasy foods at all. Could it be an infection?

A couple questions:

How long have you been using your current products?

Where did you get your facial/extractions done (derm's office, spa, etc.)? The Tazorac might make your skin too sensitive to have extractions done - did you tell the person doing the extractions that you are on tazorac?

That definitely looks like inflamed acne (not an infection). Some people get it worse on their chin and jawline - I think it has something to do with the fact that the oil glands are large there, but the pores are small. That seems to be where many people get the worst inflamed or cystic acne.

A couple questions:

Where did you get your facial/extractions done (derm's office, spa, etc.)? The Tazorac might make your skin too sensitive to have extractions done - did you tell the person doing the extractions that you are on tazorac?

That definitely looks like inflamed acne (not an infection). Some people get it worse on their chin and jawline - I think it has something to do with the fact that the oil glands are large there, but the pores are small. That seems to be where many people get the worst inflamed or cystic acne.

A couple questions:

Maybe I need to switch the tazorac and use something else? I read in your post that you use some kind of serum after you get extractions? How has that helped?