Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalalaloopsy

Any succes with Ortho Tri-Cyclen?

I am seeing the doctor soon to see if I can get on BC to see if it'll help my acne, specifically Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with it? TIA!

Well I take the Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I have not noticed a difference in my skin better or worse. The regular version may give you different results. I did not experience weight gain with OTC Lo and now have a much lighter cycle. Everyone responds differently though.

I was on regular OTC, but I was also on Accutane at the same time. So I don't know which was mostly responsible for clearing my skin up!

I was on regular OTC, but I was also on Accutane at the same time. So I don't know which was mostly responsible for clearing my skin up!

Around the 6th month mark I completely stopped breaking out. It doesn't help at all with blackheads, so you have to use some sort of retinoid for awhile and then when you feel comfortable you should ween yourself off. Remember to stick it out as long as you can, because they say you should get clear in 3 months, which is possible, but I only got clear at 6months.

Good luck!

I've only been on OTC for about 3 weeks, but man can I see a difference. I think it has helped a lot. My case was very minor so that could be why it cleared so fast.

I used it for about 5 years pre-children and it was AMAZING. I tried after kids and it was a nightmare. I do advise you to stay away from generics. They are not the same.

I am seeing the doctor soon to see if I can get on BC to see if it'll help my acne, specifically Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with it? TIA!