Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrNo509

Accutane + Exercise

You should be fine, just keep watch and don't overdo. You may notice as you get into your Accutane course your knees/back are achey... You will look good - but feel old! Take calcium supplements, vitamin C, and probiotics on Tane (ask Derm. if fine) to keep nutrients in check and bones good.

Good luck.

Yvette

work out!! there isn't any reason why you shouldn't, in my opinion. yes, my joints were a little sore, but i think working out helped. i don't lift weights, but i run like a mofo. if i hadn't, i think i woulda gone nuts.

you'll definitely feel an intensified soreness. When ever i play a couple games of basketball I have to wait one day for my legs and back to get back to normal, and 2 to 3 days for my shooting elbow to become completely unsore

I was going to ask the same question. It says in my little safety notice taht you are to tell your doctor about vigourous activities and exercise, but there is no way I'm going to be inactive just because I am on accutane. SO it is good to hear that its not a big deal

1 in 10 ppl on Accutane experience muscle pain, and if they do they should exercise less intensively and frequently to avoid worsening these muscle pains.

Im not a doctor or anything, I just know this cos I get back pains from accutane. :)

my derm said it would be okay for me to continue to exercise [avid runner]

but i have EXTREME muscle and joint pain to the point where it's near impossible to run at all.

if you start having pain like this even when you don't exercise talk to your derm to get it fixed before it gets too painful.

but if you don't seem to have problems go ahead!

i'd suggest some serious stretching beforehand and a hot shower afterwards.