Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have this horrible habit lately of picking my scabs off even if it bleeds. I know it will scar if I do that but its hard to resist. This is the second one Ive peeled off today. One didnt bleed and the other one did. Do any of you have a strategy to make it so I dont pick my scabs? This makes the third thing I pick. I pick my eyelashes out, I bite my nails (not exactly picking), and I pick my pimples and the scabs. *sigh*

Think about the long term damage, and keep your hands occupied at all times (try solving a rubicks cube or something)

Also, I out cream on them to keep them soft and then they're not as tempting to pick off...like vaseline or neosporin.

I'm the opposite I keep mine hard so I don't accidently get them off....I do anything possible not to pick them and when one accidently falls off I'm like nooooooo maybe it's not ready yet, I leave them until they fall off by themself but then I'm still not happy about it. :(

Yeah I hate when one get yanked off when you're trying so hard not to pick it. My headphone wires fall right in an area on my jawline thats all scabs, and sometimes my wire gets caught on something and yanks a scab partially off. It always happens when I'm going to Precal it seems lol maybe God is trying to tell me something ... that going to Precal will only result in pain and .... oozing.

Definately find something else to do with your hands. I did the same thing, to the point my doc though I might be OCD, and the long term results and scarring are not worth it.

Bandaids and a cream or ointment as Foomph (Erika K) suggests. Pick at the bandaids, not the scabs. :D

Guest AcneProne_1977
The longer a scab is on the wound, the higher the chance of not having a scar.

Remember that sentence ^ and you should be good to go.

Wow I never thought of it like that either. Youre one smart cookie. Can I pleaes have your brain Michael :lol:

Wow I never thought of it like that either. Youre one smart cookie. Can I pleaes have your brain Michael :lol: