Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peekaboo

aloe vera JUICE/preservatives

Can aloe vera JUICE be applied on the face?

I'm currently using Aubrey organics pure aloe vera gel. If any of you have tried it, it's like water. It's liquidy. It contains pure aloe vera, grapefruit seed extract and vitamins a,c,e but it's in a tiny bottle.

would it be the same to use the juice? which, in most, contain aloe vera juice, citric acid & potassium sorbate?

also, i've been reading alot about how these "natural" preservatives are too weak and can't kill off bacteria as well. anything on that?

thank you.

Juice is best to drink it rather than use on face! THe Aubrey Organics one is actually really good and lasts longer that you think!! Don't let the size fool you all you have to do is try to find another bottle that has a spray or mist and you pour this stuff in and leave it in the fride when ready for use take it out and spray it on your face and get a cotton ball to wipe off the excess!!

Juice is best to drink it rather than use on face! THe Aubrey Organics one is actually really good and lasts longer that you think!! Don't let the size fool you all you have to do is try to find another bottle that has a spray or mist and you pour this stuff in and leave it in the fride when ready for use take it out and spray it on your face and get a cotton ball to wipe off the excess!!

aw, thanks for the reply!

I actually love the aubrey organics one. I was using FOTE brand prior to that one and didn't really notice a change in red marks(&with the crap that one has, it stung my eyes badly). I also have the lily of the desert brand but they changed the formula and I don't know if the ingredients are ok.

I just thought if juice was ok to use, they come in larger sizes and save me some $. ;)

I guess I also started freaking out when I read all the articles on "The truth about preservatives."