Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

Hair product for a guy

I'm researching to find a hair product for my boyfriend. He needs something to keep his hair smoothed down and lightly styled. He has very oily hair, chronic dandruff, and acne on his scalp, so something that plays nicely with those conditions would be awesome. Also, the problem with the stuff (gel) he has now is that I seem to be allergic to it, so I'm guessing the more hypoallergenic the better (for me).

Try ABBA's entire line. Completely vegan and SLS free formulas. They make many types of haircare and they all smell and feel wonderful. I've been using it for years and it makes my real hair look better than any Panteen ProV models hair. Take a look at my picture gallery, there's one of my hair in it. If it works for me, it works for anyone.

www.abbahaircare.com

Good shampoos are Selsun Blue two in one. Great styling gels are the Crew ones. That's what my husband uses. I use the Selsun blue, he uses the Crew. He also uses hmm, Tresseme? He has fine blonde hair though without dandruff and no scalp lesions.

Nastja, your avatar is adorable.

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel Curl is my fave. Not gunky or sticky and a light hold. Brings out texture a bit or smooths it down. I use it when I fix my hair wavy or when I want a smooth pony tail. Ingredients don't look to bad, except for the added fragrance.

Ingredients:

Water, PVP, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodoproponyl Butylcarbamate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Amino Methylpropanol, Polyacrylate-3, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Medica, Limonium Extract (Lemon), Fragrance

I found this page with a list of supposedly non-comedogenic hair products, not sure how reliable it is, but maybe worth checking it out:

http://www.zerozits.com/SafeCosmetics/HairCare.htm