Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris897

Does this help flakes...

Does leaving a thin film of cleanser left over on your face help your flaking issues. I use cetaphil gentle cleanser. Also does anyone do the dry version of this cleanser? Is it just as good as the wet version?

No, do not leave a thin film of cleanser on your face! This is a bad idea as cleanser, well cleanses. All cleansers remove oil, thus having a drying effect. Leaving cleanser on your face would be about the same as leaving shampoo in your hair.

One of our older members, Gingeebread, always used the dry method of washing with Cetaphil. Her skin was dry and sensitive and it worked for her.

But I don't know of anyone else doing it right now.

Gah! I Don't know what to do...

After reading thoroughly about how to use the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser I cannot decide which method is right and which method is wrong. Most people that mentioned how they use it was using the dry method where they just remove excess with a soft cloth or towel afterwards.

Well for the past couple of months this is how I have been doing it.

- Wet face with moderately warm water

- Gently rub on a decent amount of Cetaphil for 10secs

- Splash face with ONE handful of water so a thin film remains

- Gently dry with towel and leave a thin film and leave to dry

I am starting to suspect that this method is the cause of my never ending flakes. So this is what I have thought about doing from now on:

- Wet face with moderately warm water

- Gently rub on a decent amount of Cetaphil for 10secs

- Splash face until the cleanser has been washed off

- Gently dry with towel

This new method is pretty much exactly what dan does (except he uses the DKR cleanser). I would really like some feedback from people who do both methods of using the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO USE THIS!

Hmmm.... i think you're doing the dry method wrong... isn't it: rub the cleanser on skin (while dry) and wipe it off w/ a tissue or cloth. The point is not to leave a film, but to not use water, thus keeping it dry.

This is basically done by people with extremely sensitive and dry or damaged skin.

Am I right about this? I don't use cetaphil, but I have Spectro Jel, which also has instructions about using it dry.

And, I advise you not to do the dry method. I assume you have acne, so the dry method wouldn't really help you. I think the dry method is for people with eczema, bleeding rashes, psioriasis (sp?), etc.

Thank you so much for the tips :)

By the way, I have never done the dry method I have only done the with-water method. But whilst doing the with-water method I was leaving thin films on after I dried my face. But I'll try just washing it all off now.