Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
axnjxn

is protein powder bad for acne?

i know it's different for everyone but in general would taking a tablespoon of protein powder mixed into a liter of water be bad for my acne? im trying to build muscles from lifting and getting enough protein is hard but if its bad for me i will stop.

I know some will disagree, but protein powder is not considered to be a health food. It's better to get your protein from actual food. Eggs would be an excellent choice, and did you know that sunflower seeds are very high in protein? If you feel you must do a protein powder, Vega Protein Powder is supposed to be an okay choice and is actually recommended by Dr. Joel Fuhrman for those that need extra protein and don't do well with eggs. http://www.myvega.com/products/

i take 150g a day, if all your taking is 1 tablespoon i wouldn't worry; but do take a quality whey isolate protein. ON 100% whey is great, do a quick google.

nop nop. i was afraid to start protein shakes as well, cuz i thot itd be bad for acne. but i actly breakout from eggs. but not protiens:D take 100 % whey protien. their the best. i take one in the morning, and 1 straight after workout. u shud go up to 1 or 1 and 1/2 gram of protien per body pound. dont hesitate to start. but if ur thinking weight gainers, then i think those may actly break u out.. so yeah.

I take alot. I do double doses after my workouts. And I dont notice it has any bad effect on my skin. But then again Im extreme when it comes to this acne thing. By that I mean strict diet and all that. I've been taking 100-150 mg zinc daily the last month and I belive it has helped my skin alot.. They say that sweeteners are bad for skin, well the powder I use is not very sweet at all. :)

I take one glass of protein shake with milk everyday.

For me, it makes 0.0000% difference.

Just make sure like others said, it not the base or most of your protein intake, not because it'll cause acne, but because regular natural protein is better for building muscles.