Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrRandom

Thoughts on B5 transition to Pantethine

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had success with completing a full 3 month B5 regimen and then switching over to Pantethine as a maintenance dose? My thoughts were that maybe B5 is more effective at boosting your CoA levels than just starting out with Pantethine, and that once you've obtained an elevated level of CoA you can maintain that with Pantethine alone. I had tried straight pantethine (1g/day for a month) although I don't feel this was long enough, and it did not really effect my oiliness to my knowledge. After reluctantly going back on B5 I am nearing my 3 month period and will probably try a slow conversion into pantethine. I'll go down to 6g/day and add in 300mg pantethine for a few weeks. Then i'll drop to 4g/day and do 600mg pantethine until finally I go down to about 2g/day with about 900mg pantethine daily. Since this supplement has been studied to a greater extent than megadosing B5 I feel safer taking that amount on a daily basis over a long period of time. Comments or suggestions? (also, please don't lecture me on the dangers of B5.. I've been through it time and time again and am fully aware of the risks)