Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay I've done enough chemical peels and noticed only modest improvement, done the tape thing, the ACV thing, I even did an IPL and I did notice some improvement but not enough. Now I'm starting to wonder....Could it be that these purple markings are pigment spots? If they are melanin related then they could be treated with hydroquinone. I read that hydroquinone and benzoyl peroxide should NOT be used together but if I were to use peroxide in the evening would that be okay? I am planning to have permanent pigments planted on these suckers if they don't improve! I am taking the lion queens advice and trying the mandelic serum since it fights acne AND marks. But still if anyone knows the answer to the hydroquinone riddle, please let me know. The hyperpigmentation sphinx is at my door!

Worst case hyperpigmentation can take up to 2 years to heal, so just continue to treat them with whatever you choose and give it time. They lighten as your skins sheds, and they won't be completely gone until all the skin as deep as the marks go are exfoliated.