Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ciro

PEOPLE STICK TO RETIN-A!!

I've always wanted the best and fastest treatment out their. But years of experience with acne pitted scars I've noticed that retin-a is slowly erasing my scars that were left behind. Needling helped too. But the constent application (every night) of retin-a is really working. If I would of used retin-a after accutane I know I could've avoided post acne scars. Retin-a might seem like it does nothing or takes forever but the truth is, it takes time! Lasers seem not to work for people that (myself) were on accutane. Retin-a people is key to diminishing acne scars. It just takes months maybe a year or two.

My scars definitely look a lot better after 5 months of Retin-A, but I do want to combine Retin-A with some other treatment to make it go faster, like dermarolling or something.

Guest markychv

Which Retin A are you using? cream, gel or micro and what strength? Now I am curious.

Mark

Whtever happened to the notion that topicals do not work on depressed/pitted acne scars? Is this not true anymore? Guess it doesn'y really matter as I have already discovered sanding, cutting, stitching, lasering doesn't really work either. Guess I'll go back to trying topicals!

Whtever happened to the notion that topicals do not work on depressed/pitted acne scars? Is this not true anymore? Guess it doesn'y really matter as I have already discovered sanding, cutting, stitching, lasering doesn't really work either. Guess I'll go back to trying topicals!

How do you get Retin-A... I've heard a lot about it but don't know what to buy. Can you get it over the counter or is it prescribed. I've also heard about retinoids? Is this the same thing? Are these vitamin A creams?

Thanks

Topicals may help to improve the surface but if you have significant tissue loss beneath the skin, it wont do that much. Significant shadowing will still occur.

My derm prescribed Retin-A to use as topical nightly maintenance after I stopped Accutane a few months ago. She said it would keep my skin and pores clear. She was right! I love Retin-A. I notice an almost daily difference in the quality and tone of my skin, and I haven't had a problem with breakouts yet (not even mild ones.)

Apparently there's no long-term harm associated with its use unless you're trying to get pregnant, since it's a C classification in that regard. I plan to keep using it indefinitely. What strength are you using? I just bumped up from .025% to 0.05%.

Although I've been using it for a short few months, I already notice a difference in shallow indented scars, as well as old red marks from cysts (that have faded into normal colored skin.)

I used it for a while and my skin became shiny looking when it wasn't on. It seemed like it really thinned my skin out. I think I might have been over doing it.

For those of you that use it, do you apply it first and then add face lotion on top of it?

How do you get Retin-A... I've heard a lot about it but don't know what to buy. Can you get it over the counter or is it prescribed. I've also heard about retinoids? Is this the same thing? Are these vitamin A creams?

Thanks

Hi I too have noticed improvement in my scars after using retin-A cream on and off for 8 months. The improvement is not huge but there is improvement. I guess it really takes time and patience. What I like about retin-a cream is, it's inexpensive and it's not damaging my skin like laser or other invasive treatments and it is slowly working for my scars.

With me personally, Ive seen more improvement with azelex cream in two days than I had with retin a in an accumulation of two weeks. Retin a make my face all red, peally, and burned.

That's good to know. I'm about 4 months into Differin and I've noticed a big improvement in skin texture from it, but not much in my scars yet. I'm hoping for good results in time, with my skin naturally healing and the retinoid doing its job.

I'm still using retin-a but lately I've been massaging the retin-a really good into my skin, I mean pressing down on your skin as you massage the retin-a upwards in circular motion. My scars have dissapeared beyond my belief!!! I'm so happy to share this info! Before I was just applying retin-a on my skin till it dissapered, but not pressing on my skin and or massaging your skin well, It's almost how salons give facials by pressing or massaging the skin with there fingers in an upward motion. My skin feels like it's molded the scars. :clap:

Satelite ask yourself what are your expectations? I know that when i stop using it they will still be gone. Why? because I am a person who has been searching, learned, and suffered with acne scars! So how are u gonna ask if I've stopped using retin-a to see if they come back? People whos scars have suddenly appeared again after treatment, there scars never dissapeared, mine have DISSAPERED! I think you get what u expect, why even try with that attitude, u know?

if u apply retino-a everyday, would it makes your skin age faster?

i'm still trying to find out the answer

O_O)-->

QUOTE (O_O @ Jan 22 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if u apply retino-a everyday, would it makes your skin age faster?

i'm still trying to find out the answer

Retin-A is known to reverse the signs of aging.

my derm gave me retina micro samplez. he told me it'll help w/ some of the scarring. he's not the kind of person to blow smoke up yo ass. so when he says something, i'm inclined to believe him. but it made my face red (winter conditionz too), so maybe when it warms up.

actually, someone asked if you stop, if the scarz come back. i was over school break and i wondered the same thing. retina peelz yo skin right? so if you stop, it stops revealing the under layer of the skin. so does that mean once the skin layered back up, the scarz come back? am i missing something?

It's not temporary. Results are permanent, maybe if you were to use it for like 1 month then maybe not permanent, but with time it helps remodel your dermis and smooths out the epidermis. peace.