Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Spiro and results

how long it took to see results  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take you to see results with spironolactone?

• 4-6 weeks
    • 7-8 weeks
    • two full months
    • two and a half months
    • three months
    • I didnt get the results I was expecting :(
  2. 2. What side effects did you experience?

• weight loss
    • weight gain
    • irregular periods and spotting
    • headaches
    • breast tenderness and enlarged breasts
    • I didnt experience any side effects
    • I experienced a side effect but its not listed here

When you ask how long it took to see results, do you mean when we FIRST started noticing a difference, or how long it took to be completely clear?

Were you able to get an Rx from your doctor?? I hope you did :)

When you ask how long it took to see results, do you mean when we FIRST started noticing a difference, or how long it took to be completely clear?

Were you able to get an Rx from your doctor?? I hope you did :)

The results of this poll will really help me :)

DO you ever feel tired from taking spir I'm on 50mg also I take it once a day and I also use azelex acid cream I like it alot it also helps with my dark spots to. :dance:

Hi Molly, I just responded to your poll and answered that it took 3 months for me to see results from taking spiro but it's actually been more like 4 months. (I started June 30 of this year.) And I'm not 100% confident that I'm out of the woods yet but feeling better about it all the time. The first three months on spiro were really touch and go for me. I'd have several days - even 2-3 weeks of gloriously clear skin without even so much as a pimple and then would break out pretty badly for a week or so. BUT, having said that (and I hope I don't jinx it!), I am now in the midst of experiencing the longest clear period since starting spiro. I think the last breakout I had was back in late September. And it was not nearly as bad as the breakouts I was having earlier on. Looking back over the last 4 months, the pattern seems to be that my breakouts are fewer and farther between. It's possible that the cooler weather is partly responsible, but I like to think it's the spiro. Only time will tell. If you do experience an initial break-out, don't give up! Good luck and hang in there.

Oh, one more thing. I'm only on 50mg and have not had any apparent side effects.

Hi Molly, I just responded to your poll and answered that it took 3 months for me to see results from taking spiro but it's actually been more like 4 months. (I started June 30 of this year.) And I'm not 100% confident that I'm out of the woods yet but feeling better about it all the time. The first three months on spiro were really touch and go for me. I'd have several days - even 2-3 weeks of gloriously clear skin without even so much as a pimple and then would break out pretty badly for a week or so. BUT, having said that (and I hope I don't jinx it!), I am now in the midst of experiencing the longest clear period since starting spiro. I think the last breakout I had was back in late September. And it was not nearly as bad as the breakouts I was having earlier on. Looking back over the last 4 months, the pattern seems to be that my breakouts are fewer and farther between. It's possible that the cooler weather is partly responsible, but I like to think it's the spiro. Only time will tell. If you do experience an initial break-out, don't give up! Good luck and hang in there.

Oh, one more thing. I'm only on 50mg and have not had any apparent side effects.

A total of 50 mg per day. There were times when I wondered if I should up my dossage but my doctor felt very stongly that spiro takes time (months he told me) to work. However, I know some women on this forum have had success after just a couple weeks! Everybody's different I guess... ;)