Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys

I have been taking Dianette BCP for 3 and a half months now and am on my first week of Spiro ( I take 100mg a day)

My skin has shown some sign of improvement but my pores are still huge and my skin looks so blotchy and dead :cry:

Please can someone tell me what to expect from Spiro. Will it shrink my pores? and if so when? Also does it eventually help the appearance and texture of your skin??

I was on Dianette for 5 years previously and my pores were non existent! so now everything is the opposite it is making me very down. Please can someone give me some advice. :pray:

xx

Spiro didn't really seem to do anything for my pores. I still have tiny blackheads around my nose (not noticeable unless up close). The texture of my skin actually got worse-- I had dry skin to begin with, and Spiro seemed to make it even drier. I'm sure if someone had oily skin to begin with though, that their texture would improve with spiro.

My pores are much smaller (no more blackheads either!). I use Retin A too, so I am not sure if it is the Spiro or Retin A.

I just started using spiro on Thursday, the same dose as you. I take 50mgs twice a day. I :pray: it makes my blackheads smaller. If you dont want to use retinoids, you may want to ask your derm for azelex.