Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

Anybody who has acne scars and successfully managed to get rid of them?

I found this mentioned in a post on the clearskin.net forum:

"There's one person - 'Gumby' (you and him have actually replied to messages of each other's on Acne.org), well anyway, he was out there looking to fix his scarring - and today he claims he's 100% scar free. He said he did this by regular self needling..."

Maybe he has been one that has gotten rid of his. Does anybody know anything about him?

I have had good luck with Lazer but its very expensive, they have a acne treatment called levelan with photo therapy and its wonderful but 500.00 a treatment, usually insurance doesn not cover it.

I also take vitamins (a,c and d all good for skin) and use those silicone scar patches at the pharmacy, again very expensive but I see immediate improvement and also on scars that are healing it helps them tremendously.

Detoxing your body seems to help the recovery skin.

CO2 Laser wiped out my small to medium depressed scars.

Excision mostly fixed the deeper scars, though also leaves other scars.

Microdermabrasion is fabulous for smoothing the skin -- won't take scars away, but still a nice improvement overall, takes away roughness, stimulates collagen, face feels better, reduces some pores.

Apple Cider Vinegar seems to do wonders for skin tone, red spots and keeping breakouts under control (I don't have too many anymore, mostly little ones, but they drive me nuts anyway)

For raised scars (hypertrophic) a sure-fire combo is cortisone shots plus cryotherapy, then apply LIsset lotion to keep the scar from returning (I may be the only person in the world who knows this right now).

AND -- if your doctor is a moron and shoot the cortisone in the wrong place and dents your face, then use saline solution injections to fix that.

Okay, over and out.

I'm imagining that anybody who has removed their acne scars would no longer hang around an acne scars forum, so i don't think you will get too many people talking about their success stories, they would most likely be out enjoying themselves!!!

The best advice i can give you is aim to become great in other areas of your life such as your body, mind and career.

Apple Cider Vinegar
is this a drink...?

that was a dumb question. i'll go with a different one.

how often and how much do you drink it?

oh, umm... is there a specific way to apply? i'm assuming you're not supposed to just put on your face straight from the bottle. unless i'm wrong again.