Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyfrombj

Salicylic acid WASH with the regimen

Hi everyone,

I know the topic of SA with BP has been covered many times before on this forum, but my question is about using a facial wash that has SA and then doing the regimen after.

Specifically Ive been using the St Ives Apricot Scrub which has 2% salicylic acid in it, and Ive found this product leaves my face feeling amazingly refreshed and clean.

The question is, has anyone had any good or bad experiences using a SA wash in the shower and then putting on BP after? Can this be too irritating?

Thanks for your help and good luck to all of you

It has the potential to be too irritating. Especially if you are new to the Regimen. And the fact that it is a scrub adds to the irritation.

You might wait until you've been on the Regimen awhile before you try to add in other factors such as this.

Hope this helps!

I use Neutragena Oil-Free Cream Cleanser which contains Salicylic Acid. It makes your face feel tingly in the shower. Yes it does make my face feel a little dry but I think it is helping me with the regime. Don't get the cleanser anywhere around the eyes and that skin will get irritated immediately as I found out.