Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iluvcott0ncandii♥

Can low-fat milk increase acne?

It always depends on the person. Some people can drink as much milk as they want, whether or not its low-fat, and not get a zit from it. Some people are more sensitive to milk though and their acne gets better when they eliminate milk from their diet. You could always stop drinking milk for a week and see if it makkes any difference on your acne.

I personally can't live without milk :shifty:

There was a study that showed that skimmed and low fat milk increased acne worse compared to full fat milk. Or even go with cream, afterall milk is mostly water. :)

I would stick with full fat non-homogenized and preferably raw. Some people can only drink goatmilk and break out from cows milk.

There was a study that showed that skimmed and low fat milk increased acne worse compared to full fat milk. Or even go with cream, afterall milk is mostly water. :)

Ugh for real? lol.. 1%, 2%, and whole milk make me gag so bad.. I can only drink skim :(

Ugh for real? lol.. 1%, 2%, and whole milk make me gag so bad.. I can only drink skim :(

My mother is the same way. I think it's a cultural thing, she has been told fat is bad all her life so she probably feels guilty or gluttonous when drinking full fat milk.

Milk Consumption and Acne in Adolescent Girls. The correlation was strongest to low fat and skim milk.

I avoid milk altogether... it breaks me out. Since I've taken milk out of my diet, my acne has improved dramatically... now basically I have to get rid of my red marks.. I have minimal breakouts.

I drink low-fat milk daily but i don't know if it's a good idea since i have acne so i would like to know if i should cut off the milk out of my diet :think:

Thanks

no dairy for me too. organic or raw still made me breakout. organic cream was the worst! it took months to clear up the damage it did, when i finally realized it was a main contributer.

Yes, as others have already said - the fat content isn't the reason milk is problematic for acne-prones. Current thought is that it may either be the high iodine content in dairy (which is there regardless of fat content or even if the milk is organic or not), or it is the hormones in the milk. Might be a combo of the two, I don't know for sure.

Yes, as others have already said - the fat content isn't the reason milk is problematic for acne-prones. Current thought is that it may either be the high iodine content in dairy (which is there regardless of fat content or even if the milk is organic or not), or it is the hormones in the milk. Might be a combo of the two, I don't know for sure.

Do you know of something we can drink insetad of milk. Ive tried Lactaid (that was aweful, it left a horrible after taste in my mouth for about four hours), Ive tried soy milk blaaaah, and thats all

if youre prone to acne breakouts partially due to sensitivity to milk, it doesnt matter if its low fat, non fat, etc.

Not necessarily. The lactose sugar is more likely to cause an insulin spike in milk with less fat content.

if youre prone to acne breakouts partially due to sensitivity to milk, it doesnt matter if its low fat, non fat, etc.

Not necessarily. The lactose sugar is more likely to cause an insulin spike in milk with less fat content.

Yeah, but they all contain iodine - which is probably a bigger acne trigger than insulin spikes are.

Do you know of something we can drink insetad of milk. Ive tried Lactaid (that was aweful, it left a horrible after taste in my mouth for about four hours), Ive tried soy milk blaaaah, and thats all

I don't drink milk anymore. I think Lactaid is dairy - so that would still be problematic anyway. I don't drink milk anymore (haven't in a long time), but I do use Almond Milk on my cereal. Its a little pricey, but since I only use it on cereal once a day, the cost isn't too bad.

I drink low-fat milk daily but i don't know if it's a good idea since i have acne so i would like to know if i should cut off the milk out of my diet :think:

Thanks

Yes. This is possibly one of the worst things you can eat.

In the link in my signature, you can see that every single person with proof of their success was avoiding dairy products.

I think you're goina have to avoid dairy.... yeah it sucks but try it for like 3 or 4 months and see what happens....Drink rice or almond milk instead. Buy rice dream ice cream :) yummy... Try to use nut butter spreads instead of butter.... and use coconut oil instead of butter for cooking. I wouldnt suggest eating soy cheese... but you could try it.

Hellokitty, just try avoiding dairy for a week and see what happens. I haven't noticed any difference in my acne with or without dairy, so everybody is different. I do try to avoid high amounts of dairy though.. i'll have maybe one dairy product a day.

2 weeks may or not be long enough. It might take longer than that. If you are gonna do it though, you should do it for two weeks at the very minimum, so don't expect really fast results.

Also, look for hidden dairy, it is in tons of bread, and many other products. Maybe it is not that important to be so serious, but if you want to avoid dairy completely, you should check every label.