Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
books1446

Anyone getting headaches while on Accutane?

Is anyone else getting headaches while taking Accutane? I am getting these sharp pains in my head that last for about 3 seconds, then they go away and come back about a few hours later. Does anyone know if this is related to accutane and a reason to stop taking it or should I not worry about it? Thanks!

Hi -

Did you recently start Tane? I got a few headaches when starting, but then they went away. I'm in month 7 (low dose 30mg) and the main sides for me are tiredness, occassional achiness (back/kneess), and drier skin, body, eyes. If this is a concern, please call your Derm.

Good luck.

Yvette

Hi -

Did you recently start Tane? I got a few headaches when starting, but then they went away. I'm in month 7 (low dose 30mg) and the main sides for me are tiredness, occassional achiness (back/kneess), and drier skin, body, eyes. If this is a concern, please call your Derm.

Good luck.

Yvette

Hey there -

Hmm... I mean I won't say I have a headache, but often I have "mind fog" or not concentrating as well. I've had this mind fog pretty much the entire course. Luckily, my job isn't TOO demanding all the time, otherwise, I might get fired! Ha. Maybe go to your Primary Dr. and discuss. Good to be cautious, but at the same time, if it's nothing, and your Derm. takes you off.... Have to do what's best for you though.

Hope all works out.

Yvette

Make sure you drink a ton of water... even more than you think you need, and then keep drinking it. Headaches are sometimes associated with even mild dehydration.

Water is your friend :)

i got headaches in the beginning .. about a week or two into it.

i would just take a couple ibuprofen and it would be okay. :surprised:

i heard that you shouldn't take tylenol though, something to do with putting more stress on your liver?

Make sure you drink a ton of water... even more than you think you need, and then keep drinking it. Headaches are sometimes associated with even mild dehydration.

Water is your friend :)

My Derm. said taking either Tylenol or Advil on occassion is fine. They both have warnings on the boxes about taking long term and potential liver/bleeding problems. If in doubt, ask your Derm. which they recommend. While on Tane, you don't want to over-tax your liver..

Hope things are better.

Yvette