Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kailaruth

NO BUENO

So I'm still in the second week of the regimen but I had a horrible incident! I had alot of dryness on my face and around my eyes and stinging when I moisterized so I decided to take a night off from the Green Cream and I put Aquafor on all the dry areas (when I was on Differin I did this all the time with no problems). WELL when I woke up I looked in the mirror and screamed!!! I didn't even recognize myself! My eyes were swollen shut my lower jaw was horribly swollen/numb and my entire face was bright red (like a bad bad sunburn). So I went to Health Services at my school and they told me that I was having an allergic reaction and needed to go to the hospital. Long story short the hospital couldn't tell me what caused it but thought it might have been a spider bite? Now I'm afraid to continue with the Green Cream.

I'm left with a painful red rash on my face and lips and the roof of my mouth is covered in bumps. Sigh.

yeah lol- I had to go to the hospital because the Dr. was concerned with the fact that I was having breathing problems (I have asthma too) and I had to have IV steriods and alot of benedryl :(

stupid skin!!! Thanks for the concern though- how sweet of you :wub: