Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

too young for accutane??

yeah i posted here few times becuz i needed some advice on my accutane issue...

im really considering taking accutane, becuz im sick of all these junks i put on my face and all these restrictions i put on my self (i.e. diet, regimen)

im 16 and im considering accutane... some say that its kinda risky to take accutane at such age and more likely to have acne come bak

im not sure which to do now... should i hold back until maybe im 18 or so to try accutane, or just give it a shot and hope for the best?

anyone here took accutane at young age such as mine? (16 or so)

i think its okay. im 16. and im on accutane. im turnin 17 this month tho. though i know lots of ppl that took accutane when they were 14 / 15. no biggy. free urselfff from thiss BS:D and no , its not necessary that ur acne will come back.

Ya, it's okay my younger sister just turned sixteen when she started accutane and she did fine. She had fewer side affects than I did.

i know a couple people who took it at 16, and it worked. they are much older now.

well, i think my derm might be an odd exception, but he told me that he has prescribed accutane for kids as young as ten...so i think 16 sounds fine!

i had a friend who said she took it when she was young, still in high school and shes still clear and has gorgeous skin at 28 now. no side effects she claims.

I'd wait and see if you clear naturally. You're very young! :)

I'm considering accutane too, but I'm 27, and I have trepidations even at my age.

I hate accutane as a lot of people here already know. Personally, I think if you have a history of moderate to severe depression, it is very risky to take accutane. Accutane is a very strong drug. It can cause suicidal ideations in some people. It did me. I have a history of severe depression without suicidal ideations. In junior high, Id come home from school everyday crying my eyes out. My depression improved when I was in my junior year of high school which is the year I took my accutane. My depression was then moderate. I took the accutane and boom suicidal ideations after two weeks of starting the medicine. I never had suicidal ideations before that ever even when I had severe depression. Of course its up to you if you want to take accutane or not. I took it when I was sixteen and I was not at all okay. My acne came back so I took it again my senior year of high school and the same exact thing happened, but as soon as the medicine was out of my system the suicidal ideations stopped. My parents then put two and two together that it was the Accutane that did it. My mom is a retired RN (35 years) and my dad is a paramedic (not sure how long, thirty something I think also). I think before anyone takes accutane, its important to find out all the information about the drug and outweigh the pros and the cons

i dont hav any major depression problems... so i think thats fine for me

for other side effects, im ready to take on...

i dunno my life have limited way too much after all these acne-caring regimen and crap... its just not fair

I took accutane when i was 14.....40mg a day for 4 months. It has affected my liver function unfortunately and im now on a second dose (22 now).