Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've had acne since 14-15 and now i'm 19,

i avoided social situations like hanging out with friends and i just sat behind my computer and played this game called runescape, it wasted 3 years of my life.

i regret wasting my time on that game, but at the time i didnt think of much because i was addicted to the game and i just felt like playing game all day.

it might've been the mental effect the acne had on me

anyone ever had this problem?

now i'm a recovering addict, trust me it was a problem, i was sent to hospital because my life seemed worthless and felt no body would care if i was to die, sent me to hospital for suicidel thoughts

i've had acne since 14-15 and now i'm 19,

i avoided social situations like hanging out with friends and i just sat behind my computer and played this game called runescape, it wasted 3 years of my life.

i regret wasting my time on that game, but at the time i didnt think of much because i was addicted to the game and i just felt like playing game all day.

it might've been the mental effect the acne had on me

anyone ever had this problem?

now i'm a recovering addict, trust me it was a problem, i was sent to hospital because my life seemed worthless and felt no body would care if i was to die, sent me to hospital for suicidel thoughts

The way I see it, the key to avoiding video game addiction is avoiding online multiplayer games. I used to play Counter-Strike obsessively (as in, 4-6 hours a day at least) and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. On the other hand, I have many fond memories of the many single-player games I've played and I wouldn't give them up for anything.

The way I see it, the key to avoiding video game addiction is avoiding online multiplayer games. I used to play Counter-Strike obsessively (as in, 4-6 hours a day at least) and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. On the other hand, I have many fond memories of the many single-player games I've played and I wouldn't give them up for anything.

yep online game called dark age of camelot ... 3 1/2 years..

world of warcraft online game.. 2 1/2 years.. still going...

hmmm... Ive gotten laid a few times, dated girls.. never had a g/f because of these games, I hang around people twice a month *shrugs*... Im a happy mofo right now .... I dont see anything wrong at all..

I've been through that phase too, I just HAD to play my computer games every single day after I got home from school, if I didn't get a chance to play, I'll get pissed off and depressed. Now I that I look back at it, I realize how big of a loser I was. I mean I don't even play video games anymore....I just don't find it interesting and I can't believed I wasted so much money of those things.

But the first time I beat Metal Gear Solid for PS1 and Resident Evil 1, those were legendary memories. I tear.

Gotta agree with Necromancer, I used to play online poker for hours and hours and hours. I could easily sit down at 7pm and play straight through to 2 pm the next day before finally passing out through exhaustion. I think my longest session was 32 hours with no more than a few hour breaks to shower and make food.

I actually made a shitload of money and had a few months where I took home 5 figure sums but it didn't bring me happiness. I rarely saw my friends and I made excuses to play poker and spent the money on superficial crap like clothes and DVDs.

Now I rarely play and the enjoyment I get from playing football and then a night in the pub with friends is far greater than winning 1000$ on poker. I'm fortunate to have a lot of money saved away and broken away from it all. A few of the guys I met online and then in real life are still grinding away 12 hours a day and I really feel for them.

So basically good luck and again like Necromancer said try organising it so you can get out of the house and not slip back into old habits.

yup. i played starcraft for up to 8 hours a day for about a year. it was ridiculous.

I've never had the problem of being addicted to video games, even though I love them. I think one of the reasons is that I can never sit still for hour after hour just leveling up or whatever. It just gets brutally boring. That being said, I know it's a real problem for some people. A friend of mine got addicted to Diablo 2 and then eventually Counter Strike. He used to bail on us all the time because all he was doing was doing was playing these games, sleeping and occasionally eating.

Remember that this is a two-sided coin. Video games can also bring you together with your friends. I've been a gamer since about the time I started walking, and most of my friends are the same way. Gaming doesn't have to be isolating.

Couldn't agree more on the video game addiction views. I used to play an online game, the first I played, about 4 or 5 years back. I lost the most amazing girl I could have ever wished for because of it; shame I didn't realise and was to young at the time to appreciate how good I had things.

Gnh. :cry:

Oh, and now i'm hooked on warcraft.

I've never been addicted, just always enjoyed a good video game.

Final Fantasy series is the best!

When my acne was at its worst i was incredibly addicted to Final Fantasy 7, it got to the point where i was going to school and was watching the clock just so i could get home and play it. I absolutely loved that game and still do, and whilst i have nothing to show for it and probably did waste a fair amount of my life playing it, I am completely in debt to it because it took my mind completely off my skin and my shitty life as a whole. In a way it has helped me socially, it was a very popular game and it's always great to be nostalgic with new people and talk about our youth.

Nowdays I don't play much at all, occassionally i'll buy a new game and play it just to pass the time really, i've spent christ knows how many hours playing Guitar Hero and Pro Evolution Soccer, I still enjoy playing them but it's much more of a time waster activity or to take my mind off problems, as opposed to because i desperately want to play it.

I agree with Calibos, I think video games are fine if they help to distract you from being depressed about acne and I personally have had some fantasic experiences playing games- like having some mates round and playing goldeneye on the n64 till the early hours, making ridiculous characters on a wrestling game and laughing ourselves stupid as they beat the hell out of each other. Of course, like anything in life, if you take it excess then it will have a negative effect on your life. But thats the real key people, keep everything in moderation in you can pretty much do anything you want to do.

I agree with Calibos, I think video games are fine if they help to distract you from being depressed about acne and I personally have had some fantasic experiences playing games- like having some mates round and playing goldeneye on the n64 till the early hours, making ridiculous characters on a wrestling game and laughing ourselves stupid as they beat the hell out of each other. Of course, like anything in life, if you take it excess then it will have a negative effect on your life. But thats the real key people, keep everything in moderation in you can pretty much do anything you want to do.

Street Fighter II bitches. \m/

Same here :) I played Medal of honor for like over 3 years.. then i started to kick-off from these games.. i still play every once in a while but i'm not addicted anymore!

i have to in fact agree on this, but i wouldnt put all my bets on it.

i got into maple story and was indeed sucked into it for little over a year.

i quit because the general fact of how much of a loser it makes you.

but after months playing this, i started getting acne.

but i wouldnt question why that was happening to me.

it is obvious that i was destroying my self.

i have 2 friends that i introduced this game.

and they both formed acne from it.

and they are much worsed off than i am.

its a interested link between gaming and acne, but its really in the addiction that gets you out of everything else in life.