Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TwistAndShOut

Roaccutane + Food

I'm on Roaccutane at the mo, and I gotta question bout it.

At the moment, I don't really feel like eating a lot. All I eat a day is my main meal, in the evening, and then maybe an orange or two throughout the day. Im not tryin to lose weight or nothin, just dont feel like eating. :shock:

So, you know the way you're supposed to take accutane with food? Will it still work OK if I take it with my main meal of the day, and dont eat much apart from that?

And does my question make sense at all? :doubt:

Accutane is an isotretinoin and it needs to be consumed with fat for it to work properly, that can be healthy fat like flax seed oil or unhealthy fat, whatever. If your cholesterol is high then its of course a better option to consume a healthy fat.

Are you taking accutane twice a day or just once? I'm on a 80mg dose, I take 40mg in the morning (2 X 20mg pills) and the same at night, consumed with fat every time.

I guess you don't have to eat a hell of a lot, just make sure you take fats when you take the pill(s).

yeah should be fine even if you aren't eating much throughout the day...so long as you have the pills with a meal that has a decent amount of fat in it...

yeah should be fine even if you aren't eating much throughout the day...so long as you have the pills with a meal that has a decent amount of fat in it...

agreed

agreed

Phew, thanks. But I'm kinda worried that since Im not eating much, Im not getting all the nutrients that my skin needs. Or does this matter?

Oh, and Im only on 20 mg, Bluray, because the doc didn't think it was too severe.

ta vurry much, as they say in some random part of england.