Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashleyms

Not clogged pores again...

I feel like i might be getting clogged pores again, but not as much as when I did using the cetaphil creme. Does anyone know if these clog pores? I'm using Dan's cleanser and complex 15 face cream..

On another note.. I was looking at older pictures of me from the beginning of this year and I just had great skin. What happened? :( Ugh.

you know, i've read quite a few posts recently in which people claim that complex 15 breaks them out. i use it now and then when my face feels dry, and i wonder if it isn't the reason behind a recent breakout i had. one of the ingredients, myristyl myristate, is on the face reality list of comedogenic ingredients to stay away from. so that could be your problem. personally, i'm going to replace my complex 15 with something else...

Hey greenskies, I noticed that you use Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser, I was thinking about using this, but I would like to know how it works.

you know, i've read quite a few posts recently in which people claim that complex 15 breaks them out. i use it now and then when my face feels dry, and i wonder if it isn't the reason behind a recent breakout i had. one of the ingredients, myristyl myristate, is on the face reality list of comedogenic ingredients to stay away from. so that could be your problem. personally, i'm going to replace my complex 15 with something else...

So why doesn't every company put non comedogenic on all their products then? Thats obviously a great way to sell products. There has to be some repercussions for lying about it.

I'm pretty sure all bottles of complex 15 claim the product is non-comedogenic. the only real repercussions for lying about whether a product is comedogenic or not is losing customers who are frustrated with a product that claims to be non-comedogenic but seems to be clogging pores nonetheless (i.e. ME). i can't say for certain whether complex 15 clogs pores or not, but here's what i do know:

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

1) Myristyl myristate is listed on the above chart as highly comedogenic. (Just copy and paste into your browser, I don't know how to create a link :)) This ingredient is found in complex 15.

2) I recently had a breakout near the corners of my mouth that began with a group of clogged pores. I had used complex 15 on this area a few times the week before.

Based on this evidence, I am going to stop using it. but that's just me. If complex 15 works for you and doesn't seem to be clogging pores, then by all means use it. I have to admit I'm sad to stop using it, as I know how hard it is to find a moisturizer that does its job as well as complex 15 does.

PWPager08: I really like the Eucerin cleanser. I can't speak of its effectiveness in getting rid of facial redness because I don't really have any (except red marks, which it won't help), but it is very gentle. I like the texture and it seems to leave my face clean. Not too expensive, either.

ashleyms: Let us know how everything works out!

I am using Complex 15 with no complaints. It's very soothing, doesn't sting or ball up.

I pay close attention to my skin so I know if my skin gets super dry I'll break out in that area, beginning with clogged pores, regardless of how much/little moisturizer used. The only way I know to fix is this is keep your face hydrated from the very beginning.

Also, if your skin is the least bit sensitive, changing products or just using them "now and then" will probably cause breakouts.