Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

Those who cant eat grains, can you eat potatos?

I am pretty sure potatoes break me out. (Grains do for sure.)

But I have seen some other grain-free people say they can eat potatoes. So I guess it depends.

Then what the heck do you guys eats?!?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much of an improvement did you see when you eliminated all grains?

Other than seeds, how the heck can you sit down and enjoy one, simple, itty bitty snack ... ??

Other than seeds, how the heck can you sit down and enjoy one, simple, itty bitty snack ... ??

Meat is your entree.... and there are plenty of veggie platters out there that I'll be satisfied with.

But snacking is a different story all together. Sometimes its nice to have one single cookie... made of rice flour potato flour. And this is the part that highly disturbs me.

I cant figure out what to munch on.

There are apple chips. I guess that's a start?

I totally like nuts or seeds and fruit as a snack. Apples and pears are great. Trailmix works, as long as it doesn't have chocolates and other bad things in it.

I eat Not-Nuts as a snack all the time (if you havent tried those, I highly suggest you do -- they are addicting. They're in the health food aisle of the grocery store). They are seeds, raisons and little bits of unsweetened dark chocolate drops.

But sometimes I want an occasional cookie!!!!!!

I guess pure dark chocolate isnt unhealthy? I know milk chocolate is considered unhealthy. But I've read that the medical industry said that pure dark chocolate is healthy? (something like that...)

New studies have shown that meat eating mutates DNA, according to CNN. And the American Cancer Society and American Heart Society know now that eatig meat more than once a week increases our risk for heart disease by 40% and our risk for colon cancer by 60%.

I think a "natural diet" is eating meat rarely (once a week or less), no grains, and is primarily based on fruit and veggies and seeds and nuts.

However, this sort of diet is almost impossible to do with our modern society. Since the discover of domesticated grain, we eat it almost daily. And have gotten accustomed to eating meat 3 times a day, every day. And most people hardly touch fruit (okay, maybe an apple every few days)... and start squirming at the sight of a plate of vegetables. :P

Everything is kinda backwards. :P

We eat meat :D .

We eat meat :D .

Huge improvement.

Actually, I've met 3 other vegans on the internet who hadnt eaten grains in 15 years. After they had become vegan, they had found out that they had allergies to almost all the grains.

They ate hardy soups of all the veggies, and whatnot.

I was amazed at their detirmination. :P

I am a big fan of vegetables now. It's amazing that what I used to reject as a kid I still crave now....steamed broccoli, kale, any kind of green actually.... yum. I could go for a big plate of vegetables right now, actually.

Anyone who eats meat should still base their meals on vegetables, still. Meat doesn't replace vegetables, it maybe can be a small supplement to them.

I am a big fan of vegetables now. It's amazing that what I used to reject as a kid I still crave now....steamed broccoli, kale, any kind of green actually.... yum. I could go for a big plate of vegetables right now, actually.

Anyone who eats meat should still base their meals on vegetables, still. Meat doesn't replace vegetables, it maybe can be a small supplement to them.

I keep reading more and more about not eating grains and eating lots of veggies and stuff and I'm so excited about eating new healthy foods and hopefully tasty foods too. I hope it fixes all of the unexplained problems I have, they seem to be connected with eating grains. :dance:

New studies have shown that meat eating mutates DNA, according to CNN. And the American Cancer Society and American Heart Society know now that eatig meat more than once a week increases our risk for heart disease by 40% and our risk for colon cancer by 60%.

I think a "natural diet" is eating meat rarely (once a week or less), no grains, and is primarily based on fruit and veggies and seeds and nuts.

However, this sort of diet is almost impossible to do with our modern society. Since the discover of domesticated grain, we eat it almost daily. And have gotten accustomed to eating meat 3 times a day, every day. And most people hardly touch fruit (okay, maybe an apple every few days)... and start squirming at the sight of a plate of vegetables. :P

Everything is kinda backwards. :P

For me, cutting dairy and gluten has left me clear. There comes a point when it is simply madness to eliminate anything else from a diet. The idea of avoiding too much fruit is that kind of madness.

Potatoes don't seem to do anything to my skin. But then, I'm not on a grainless diet, just a gluten-free one. I avoid wheat, barley, oats, and a few other less notable grains, but eat rice and corn.

for a snack i eat dark chocolate (85 %), one bite chocolate alternated with one bite brazil nut, cant beat that. or cucumber slices dipped in lightly roasted 100 % macadamia nut butter. or banana slices with ground cinnamon.

I can't eat potatoes or corn but seem to be fine with rice and other grains. I found that I can get away with eating potatoes and corn on occasion as long as it's not near my monthly cycle. One week before my period, I break out no matter what I eat it seems...but even worse if I eat potatoes or corn.

I just woke up, so sorry if this seems jumbled. I've read all the studies, etc. Here's some info I found at the moment to show you what I was talking about :). Hope it helps:

Meat-eating causes DNA damage:

http://news.scotsman.com/health.cfm?id=159572006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4662934.stm

Eating red meat increases colon cancer risk by 40%:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144062,00.html

http://www.stats.org/stories/2007/harvard_...et_oct12_07.htm

"It's not exactly news. Many studies suggest that people who eat the most meat get the most cancer. Now a huge, 20-year study from the American Cancer Society confirms these findings.

The bottom line: Those who eat the most red meat or beef and/or pork and/or processed meat products get colon cancer 30 to 40 percent more often than those who eat these foods only once in a while."

Eating processed meat on a regular basis raises risk of bowel cancer by 40-60%:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/200...sk-colon-cancer

Eating meat and dairy on a regular basis raises the risk of heart disease by 80%:(I'm looking for the study... I need a little more time :). Here's some quotes to appease you for now ;)).

Note: Eating meat on a regular basis raises the risk of heart disease (heart attacks) by 40-50% and eating dairy (eggs and cheeses) on a regular basis raises the risk of heart disease by another 30-40%. So the health associations say "Average Americans" (on a regular american diet of hamburers, chicken and beefy tacos) have an 80% risk of heart disease, strokes and clogged arteries.

Also: On autopy reports, when the victim has died of a heart attack, the official way to write down cause of death is: "Remnants of animal fat lodged in arteries."

"A major study published in February 2005 reconfirmed the link between meat consumption and heart problems. The study, which was published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, concluded that among the 29,000 participants, those who ate the most meat were also at the greatest risk for heart disease."

"Research has shown that those who eat meat rarely are 50 percent less likely to develop heart disease, and they have 40 percent of the cancer rate of regular meat-eaters." --This is quoted from a health magazine I have (HEALTH, Feb 2007). I'll keep trying to find the orignal study. I know it hit the papers everywhere. Give me a little time :).

A quote the talks about this topic:

"The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of 'real food for real people,' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital." - Neal D. Barnard, M.D., President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Washington, D.C.