Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HRH

DESONIDE FRUSTRATION

wish I had left well enough alone. I have had small spots of mild redness (one each cheek) for two years. Some days you hardly notice it, some days you see it. I was prescribed desonide, thinking it was seb derm. the desonide worked well. within days, the spots were faded, although my skin was real shiny had a weird tint where it was applied. I stopped using it, and now, the spots are very red. never was like this before. I am off the desonide, and am now taking Oracea and using Finacea.

Will the redness fade? I am done with steroids on my face.

help with advice!!

wish I had left well enough alone. I have had small spots of mild redness (one each cheek) for two years. Some days you hardly notice it, some days you see it. I was prescribed desonide, thinking it was seb derm. the desonide worked well. within days, the spots were faded, although my skin was real shiny had a weird tint where it was applied. I stopped using it, and now, the spots are very red. never was like this before. I am off the desonide, and am now taking Oracea and using Finacea.

Will the redness fade? I am done with steroids on my face.

help with advice!!

Hi there. I think I experienced the same exact thing. I was on Desonide and it totally fixed my problem with redness and bumps - the only bad thing was my skin became addicted to it! I didn't realize this at first, but when I dropped the Desonide and started using Finacea - my forehead became red and inflamed. It was awful! I went straight to the derm and he said it was steroid-induced rosacea. Yikes! Basically my skin was so used to the steriod, that I could not just stop it cold turkey. He suggested I drop the Finacea for now and wean off the Desonide with Hydrocortizol. Still a steroid, but significantly less strong than Desonide. I have been weaning off the HC now for 2 weeks and I believe I am fine without using it now. I am scared to try the Finacea again, but will next week. My derm said if I use the Finacea and break out again, I might be allergic to something in the Finacea. Hope this helps!!! Bottom line.....steroids can be very addicting! Good luck!