Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Any others out there thinking/wishing to go veg?

Wondering if there are any others out there who are pondering the idea of a veg diet. Or any out there WISHING they could do a veg diet.

And the reason why?

(this post is not for debate)

Yes yes yes

I have seriously been thinking about this, at the moment I'm really only eating fish and I'm finding meat off putting both taste and ethically. I couldn't kill a cow so what a cheek I've got to eat one just because someone else kills it for me etc.

I think meat isn't good at digesting because naturally we weren't supposed to eat it.

My other half is not accepting my changing beliefs however I've said I'll give myself until after Christmas to make a fully informed decision...

Yes yes yes

I have seriously been thinking about this, at the moment I'm really only eating fish and I'm finding meat off putting both taste and ethically. I couldn't kill a cow so what a cheek I've got to eat one just because someone else kills it for me etc.

I think meat isn't good at digesting because naturally we weren't supposed to eat it.

My other half is not accepting my changing beliefs however I've said I'll give myself until after Christmas to make a fully informed decision...

Lollypolly -- I suggest you and your "other half" watch this 12 minute movie. 1) It will help you define the reasons why you want to make such a decision and 2) your "other half" will at least be more understanding.

http://www.meat.org

I researched the topic for several years before making such a decision.

Yes yes yes

Meat is not hard to digest, and we are naturally supposed to eat it. It is unnatural to avoid it.

Notadoctor -- :naughty: -- this isnt a debate thread. This thread is for those who are thinking or wishing they were veg. And, I happen to know that you are one of the last people in this forum who would consider such a thing. ;)

I would if I could.

But vegetarianism makes my digestive system a nightmare.

Imo, it's healthier to have a diet rich in vegetables as well as lean meats.