Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SUE WALKER

Moisturizer to keep shine down

I like EM foundation but am oily after a couple of hours. Does anyone have a recommendation for a matte lotion or something to use under the mineral foundation? Seems like any moisturizer I use only makes it worse but the minerals don't go on smooth without something under them. Sorry this probably doesn't make much sense but maybe someone understands what I am going through. Thanks :think:

Maybe you could go for a primer, rather than a moisturizer? That way you'd have a base for your makeup, without it being super-greasy. I know I've been considering giving Philosophy's The Present Clear Makeup a whirl.

Maybe you could go for a primer, rather than a moisturizer? That way you'd have a base for your makeup, without it being super-greasy. I know I've been considering giving Philosophy's The Present Clear Makeup a whirl.

I know I've been considering giving Philosophy's The Present Clear Makeup a whirl.

Olay Complete All Day Moisture Cream(or lotion) SPF 15/ Combination Oily contains oil-absorbing powders and really keeps the shine down and my oiliness at bay. I only wish there was a SPF 30 version- that would be my HG *faint*

I prefer the cream but the lotion is much cheaper...

yes..the philosophy clear makeup is awesome..u wont be sorry!!!

i have the exact same problem! I love the idea of mineral makeup and have the EM intensive, but a couple hours later I look really shiny/oily. In the winter I find I have to wear a moisturizer otherwise my skin is too dry; maybe I'll try a primer too. I really would like a matte foundation - let me know what you think of the one you bought.

I'd suggest Biore Shine Control Moisturizer, or Biore Skin Balancing Moisturizer (as it's the same thing, they just changed the name very recently)

I have super-oily skin. But every morning I use Biore Shine Control Foaming Cleanser (or Skin Recharging Foaming Cleanser, as it's now called), then Biore Triple Action Astringent w/a cotton pad, topped off by the moisturizer I mentioned above already.

Has worked miracles. Looked good under my foundation (back when i wore foundation)

However, I was a bit bothered that it had no SPF. Then, my foundation happened to get discontued & I was at a total loss.

So I also recommend this for oily skin when you want a moisturizer/spf/foundation/retinol (prevent treat wrinkles) treatment all in one... Neutrogena 3 in 1 Tinted Moisturizer has also worked miracles for my oily skin. (SPF 20/comes tinted---many shades to choose from/retinol)

I still use the Biore Moisturizer on days I'm not really goin' anyplace special (cuz it's cheaper than Neutrogena's) but typically I start up the day with the Biore Cleanser & Astringent I've already mentioned, & top it off with just a pump of the Neutrogena Tinted Moisturizer, with just a pinch of loose powder to sorta "set" it. & I don't get shiny all day! My skin's totally cleared up & feels healthier. Total strangers have asked my what I use. Sometimes, more often than not, actually, cheaper products will work better than those expensive ones...

Good luck!

sometimes a balancing or hydrating toner works well.....i use wet n wild toner..not the one for acne..the one that is alcohol free and then my clinique DDML (gel form) and then my philosophy primer...thats my combo and im stickin to it....in the summer all i use is the philosophy primer and an spf..but in the winter we gotta hydrate guys and gals!

My secret is aloe vera gel. The closer to 100% pure the better. Can be drying so play with it first on a day without makeup. I also use EM