Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest AcneProne_1977

Blood Spots!?

Guest AcneProne_1977

On Saturday, a HUGE cyst looking thing started growing on the left side of my jaw (YAY for me...NOT! lol). I left it alone for a couple days and yesterday it started to get crusty and hurt a bit when I touched it. So, last night I peeled a piece of dry skin off of it and a bit of blood and puss came out (I know, sorry this is gross...but I need to describe it properly for people to understand!). Of course, I had to squeeze it after that...so I did and A LOT more blood and puss came out. OMG - it was soooo sore after that! I washed my face after that and applied Polysporin to it to help with healing and prevent scarring (if possible...).

Anyway, what on earth is that? I never use to get these types of spots that are filled with blood AND puss. I get these blood spots all the time now...does anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? Are they caused by Accutane?

HELP!

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know if its of any help, but I never had any before Accutane either. Now there are two beautifully big things similar to what you describe on my forehead. One of them seemed ready to be popped last night so out it came - it was actually kinda neat to see that it was comprised of blood more than anything else... especially since it all came shooting out as it must have been quite pressurized. The only difference is that mine weren't and still aren't sore whatsoever.

Guest AcneProne_1977
I don't know if its of any help, but I never had any before Accutane either. Now there are two beautifully big things similar to what you describe on my forehead. One of them seemed ready to be popped last night so out it came - it was actually kinda neat to see that it was comprised of blood more than anything else... especially since it all came shooting out as it must have been quite pressurized. The only difference is that mine weren't and still aren't sore whatsoever.

I have a smaller one on the right side of my jawline that isn't painful. It's the bigger ones that are sore!!

Glad I'm not the only one this is happening too. I wonder what's going on...?

Don't fret, this is almost certainly just an average cyst that you have picked. I had these before i went on tane, but whilst on tane many more came up in areas that i didnt normally get them. Accutane pushes out all the rubbish that is lodged deep down within your pores and this is what causes the initial breakout. You might get a few more of these before your course is trough, but generally the first couple of months is the worst period.

If you do get any more i would advise that you dont touch or pick at them. I know its very hard not to, but as im sure you have discovered, picking them only makes them bleed and then your left with a scab that can leave a scar. Accutane also tends to slow down the healing process and leaves you more vulnerable to scarring, so as i say its best to just let them be.

Guest AcneProne_1977

You're so right about not touching them, but I hate leaving the house with big bumps... and I can't stand the thought of it possibly turning into a big, fat whitehead while I'm at work. That's the worst!

I'm on week 2 of month 3 and STILL breaking out...this is crazy!!