Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SUE WALKER

Everyday Minerals - Matte foundation

Been using the Intensive Foundation but seems to get oily after a couple of hours. Has anyone used the matte foundations? I am thinking of ordering that to see if would cut down on the oilyness. What is the difference between Intensive and Matte? Does anyone know? Thanks! :think:

Hi Sue! I've used both foundations and the matte does seem to mattify your skin,. However if you have extremely oily skin, the oil still shines through at some point. The intesive actually helps moisturize your skin, which is a good thing, but for me it just caused my skin to appear oily/shiney that much faster after application. Hope that helps. :D

Hi Sue! I've used both foundations and the matte does seem to mattify your skin,. However if you have extremely oily skin, the oil still shines through at some point. The intesive actually helps moisturize your skin, which is a good thing, but for me it just caused my skin to appear oily/shiney that much faster after application. Hope that helps. :D

Sue,

I ordered the Silk Dust, but haven't tried it. I heard that using it before the foundation also helps oily skin.

Funny, I had the same exact question I was going to post! I've been using my EM samples of intensive coverage and I found a good shade with the fairly light neutral intensive formula, but my forehead shine comes out after like an hour. I think I will try the matte finish, as well.

Is there some kind of finishing dust I should be using on top of the foundation to control the shine?

use silk dust as the first step in your EM regimen. it does help control the oilies. you may want to think about using a primer as well.

I use the silk dust under the foundation and it helps. I've tried primers in the past, but I feel the silk dust before the foundation works just as well and I don't want yet another product to put on in the morning. I think that intensive is just as matte as the matte, but that is me. The biggest difference to me is coverage.

I have oily skin and I still have to blot. EM still wears much, much better for me than liquid makeup (which would slide off my face & turn to goopy cake mix), but I do get shiny here & there throughout the day.

I just take a plain tissue and lightly blot the shiny area & that does the trick without taking off my makeup. I also found a great way to refresh foundation is to blast your face with cold air. I'll blot and then turn the a/c up in my car & stick my face in front of a vent for a few seconds and then my makeup looks renewed.

I've just accepted I have oily skin & there's no magic potion that is going to change that, short of some prescription drug. Honestly, look at magazines and they promote that dewy look anyway. A little blotting keeps me from being greasy and I just figure I have the glow other people are trying to get with highlighters and creamy foundations.

I also found a great way to refresh foundation is to blast your face with cold air. I'll blot and then turn the a/c up in my car & stick my face in front of a vent for a few seconds and then my makeup looks renewed.