Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xenditonthis

Can Illness Trigger Cystic Acne?

Hey everyone,

I normally have relatively clear skin, but I got sick with a rather bad head cold this week and had three cysts erupt. Needless to sad, I'm pretty upset. I was wondering if anyone knew if either getting sick or the over the counter medicine (Tylenol Cold Head Congestion tablets) could have caused this to happen.

The active ingredients for the pills are:

Daytime: Acetaminophen 325 mg, Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg, Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg.

Nighttime: Acetaminophen 325 mg, Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg, Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg, Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg.

Thank you!

Well...I don't think the meds you took would be the cause. I am inclined to attribute the flare up to the fact that your body is fighting a disease and not only have you weakened your system a bit but you have thrown it off balance as well, thus inviting those nasty cysts to appear.

All the best and I hope you feel better,

Joe Zit

Well...I don't think the meds you took would be the cause. I am inclined to attribute the flare up to the fact that your body is fighting a disease and not only have you weakened your system a bit but you have thrown it off balance as well, thus inviting those nasty cysts to appear.

All the best and I hope you feel better,

Joe Zit

Thanks. This has definetly got me thinking about how both the illness and breakout are likely due to something wrong with my immune system.