Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Are styes common on accutane?

More common, yes. :( Perhaps you need to use eye drops during the day and lacrilube ointment at night, being careful not to touch the applicator tips to your eyes. More moist eyes and lids are less likely to develop problems.

Of course, drink lots of fluid, too! Preferably non-diuretic ones (NOT caffeinated, alcohol, etc).

ewww i had some styes so far, thyre so irritating ang gross. weirdly all i used on them was hypromellose drops (for dry eyes) nd they went in a day.

i think it was because my eyes were so dry and irritated

I have always been prone to small styes. I've not yet had any whilst on tane, but I do very often notice that my bottom eye lids have lots of very tiny tiny bumps along them, like very tiny styes. I'd also guess it's due to eye dryness.

More common, yes. :( Perhaps you need to use eye drops during the day and lacrilube ointment at night, being careful not to touch the applicator tips to your eyes. More moist eyes and lids are less likely to develop problems.

Of course, drink lots of fluid, too! Preferably non-diuretic ones (NOT caffeinated, alcohol, etc).

Yes I remember getting a couple, but the worst thing I got was a red irritated eye that looked like pink eye, and it kept coming back every month... it was embarassing.

i think i may have gotten one, it hurts like hell.

it looks like a little white/tan thing of skin in the inner-corner of my eye ..

almost like a mini skin-tag.:confused:

is that what a stye is? i've never had one before ..

i'm gonna go buy some eyedrops and hopefully it'll take care of it.