Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryuqi

Facial hair and BP

Although this may have been covered several times (sorry.) I was wondering what to do with bp with facial hair. The bp bleaches facial hair, and i was wondering if there is any simple way around this. Should i just avoid putting bp where there is facial hair or is there some magical secret?

No magic secret, BP will not always bleach facial hair, I haven't had much of a problem with that...yet. Anyways I would advice just shaving because BP will not be able to absorb if you don't.

This is funny as I just posted a week ago about facial hair and the Regimen. Bleaching was the least of my worries though.

So I'm about a week into my beard growing and oddly enough, I'm seeing no signs of bleaching. I'll keep you posted, but at this point I don't think that's going to be a problem. You could avoid putting BP there but if that's a problem area for you acne-wise you're risking (and probably inviting) a breakout, so I wouldn't do that. If it bleaches your facial hair, then I guess there's not much you can do other than don't grow a beard. But try it, it might not actually bleach it.

Scratch my last post...just looked in the mirror, it's definitely bleaching my facial hair, but it's not that noticable unless you're looking pretty closely and you know what to look for. Once you get to the point where your facial hair is long enough that people can tell, it'll probably be too long to apply BP anyways, so you should be good (depending on the color of your hair, maybe).

BP doesn't bleach my hair at all. My hair, eyebrows, and beard are all untouched. Well, except the highlights that my stylist put in, but that doesn't count. ;) I guess some people's hair is more susceptible than others. I have no idea why.

Cam >B)

No magic secret, BP will not always bleach facial hair, I haven't had much of a problem with that...yet. Anyways I would advice just shaving because BP will not be able to absorb if you don't.

Alright, thanks for replies. But yeah i can definitely notice some bleaching. My facial hair is dark brown and looks pretty black, so the bleaching is pretty noticeable. But when short its not too bad. I guess i'll just keep it short or shaved lol.

Same here.. Dark Brown hair - blackish and my eyebrows are kinda bleached.. i just tell ppl that it was the sun when they notice.. it's not that noticable luckely :P

i think the secret is to be careful with the BP around the eyebrows

ive heard a lot of folks talk about bp bleaching facial hair and stuff but personally its never been a problem for me... mind you ive only really started growing facial earlier this year but still its been all good for many months. as for my bed sheets however??? well? thats a different story